Thunderbird: support for binary attachments

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by ciqret, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. ciqret

    ciqret Guest

    I previously used Forte Agent and the support for binary attachments was
    pretty seamless ..

    Am I missing something or is this simply a feature that Thunderbird
    doesn't support ? If so I am bemused.

    Essentially I'm just talking about images and text files (which ok,
    aren't binary attachments .. are they?) .. heck! Just help me if you
    can, from my position of ignorance/confusion.

    TIA

    --
    Stuart
    [ciqret]

    [aka cicero]
    ciqret, Jun 9, 2005

  2. ciqret

    Big Will Guest

    ciqret wrote:
    > I previously used Forte Agent and the support for binary attachments was
    > pretty seamless ..
    >
    > Am I missing something or is this simply a feature that Thunderbird
    > doesn't support ? If so I am bemused.
    >
    > Essentially I'm just talking about images and text files (which ok,
    > aren't binary attachments .. are they?) .. heck! Just help me if you
    > can, from my position of ignorance/confusion.
    >
    > TIA

    So what problem are you having with them. Is it attaching something in
    outgoing e-mail/ng posts, or is it retrieving attachments to messages.
    As for retrieving them, I have the option at the bottom of the message
    preview plane to get my attachments (simply double-click). Sending them
    can be done by clicking the paperclip (at least on my skin) that says
    "attach." Unfortunately, however, there is little support in the way of
    attachments that are broken up into several messages to be later
    recombined (like OE), but it's a feature I haven't needed yet. Welp,
    those are my best answers. Perhaps if I knew exactly what question you
    were asking, then I or others could answer them better.

    Regards,

    Will
    Big Will, Jun 10, 2005