    tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
    find a way to do it.
    TIA

    Jefry, Jun 15, 2005

  2. Jefry

    Moz Champion Guest

    Jefry wrote:
    > To whom would i address the following suggestions for Tbird?
    > It would be nice to be able to mark a message as 'Unread'; and it would
    > be nice, also, to rearrange the order of columns for mail, particularly
    > to move the 'Flags' column to the first position, unless someone can
    > tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
    > find a way to do it.
    > TIA

    To mark a message unread just use the Mark button
    its a toggle switch
    If the message is read, it is toggled to unread, if the message is
    unread it is marked read

    Do you have the Mark button on your toolbar?
    If not, then
    View-->Toolbars-->Customize
    and drag the Mark button to your toolbar

    You can re-arrange the columns for email simply by dragging and dropping
    them into the order you prefer

    Moz Champion, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Jefry

    Jefry Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:
    > Jefry wrote:
    >
    >> To whom would i address the following suggestions for Tbird?
    >> It would be nice to be able to mark a message as 'Unread'; and it would
    >> be nice, also, to rearrange the order of columns for mail, particularly
    >> to move the 'Flags' column to the first position, unless someone can
    >> tell me how to do the latter. I've looked and looked and can't seem to
    >> find a way to do it.
    >> TIA

    > To mark a message unread just use the Mark button
    > its a toggle switch
    > If the message is read, it is toggled to unread, if the message is
    > unread it is marked read
    >
    > Do you have the Mark button on your toolbar?
    > If not, then
    > View-->Toolbars-->Customize
    > and drag the Mark button to your toolbar
    >
    > You can re-arrange the columns for email simply by dragging and dropping
    > them into the order you prefer

    Oops! I guess too many years of the migrant sloth have led me away from
    the simple and direct. I'd never have assumed drag-and-drop would work
    for the toolbar. And, now that i have the 'Mark' button, you're right.
    Thanks.

    Jefry, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Jefry

    pzacle

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    New Thunderbird Suggestion/Question

    I recently hooked up Verizon Wireless Sync on a New Palm Treo, and set the Thunderbird message filter to forward messages to another email address after the message filters, and junk mail filters, junk the spam. This works great to get real email on my Treo except for one problem... Verizon sync can not work with html email, and all the messages seem to continue to be forwarded in their source formats, mostly html. I set the send function in Thunderbird to text, but I don't think this works on forwarded messages.

    Does anyone know if forwarded messages can be set to plain text? If it can't be done, then I offer that option as a suggestion for Thunderbird.

    Thanks

    phil l

    pzacle, Jun 26, 2006