    problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 17, 2005

  2. Jim

    gwtc Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Never had this happen before: I had a couple Mozilla (1.7.11) browser
    > windows open and 3 T-Bird (1.06) windows open including one where I
    > was writing a long e-mail. I called up one of the browser windows and
    > was looking for somethingi needed for the e-mail. When I went back
    > to restore the message composition window from the task bar, nothing
    > happened for a long time, so I clicked on several other task bar
    > buttons and eventually a browser window appeared, but the message
    > composition window taskbar button disappeared. I was able to bring up
    > a Thunderbird inbox window and write a new e-mail and send it. Shortly
    > after that the original e-mail composition window, which had no longer
    > been showing on the taskbar, suddenly opened up, but this was about 10
    > minutes or so after I had last clicked on the taskbar to open it.
    >
    > Should I just chalk this up to a freak event? Are their memory leak
    > problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    > manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.
    >
    > Jim

    The only answer I have for you is to learn to Save your typed messages
    often. Hitting CTRL+S is a quick shortcut key, since your fingers are
    already on the keyboard.
    gwtc, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Jim

    Moz Champion Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Never had this happen before: I had a couple Mozilla (1.7.11) browser
    >> windows open and 3 T-Bird (1.06) windows open including one where I
    >> was writing a long e-mail. I called up one of the browser windows and
    >> was looking for somethingi needed for the e-mail. When I went back
    >> to restore the message composition window from the task bar, nothing
    >> happened for a long time, so I clicked on several other task bar
    >> buttons and eventually a browser window appeared, but the message
    >> composition window taskbar button disappeared. I was able to bring up
    >> a Thunderbird inbox window and write a new e-mail and send it. Shortly
    >> after that the original e-mail composition window, which had no longer
    >> been showing on the taskbar, suddenly opened up, but this was about 10
    >> minutes or so after I had last clicked on the taskbar to open it.
    >> Should I just chalk this up to a freak event? Are their memory leak
    >> problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    >> manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.
    >>
    >> Jim

    > The only answer I have for you is to learn to Save your typed messages
    > often. Hitting CTRL+S is a quick shortcut key, since your fingers are
    > already on the keyboard.

    Um, why use Mozilla 1.7.11 and Thunderbird? Wouldnt Firefox 1.0.7 be a
    better 'fit' with Thunderbird? OR, use the email component already
    available in Mozilla 1.7.11 instead of Thunderbird.
    Moz Champion, Nov 17, 2005
  4. gwtc schreef:
    > Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Never had this happen before: I had a couple Mozilla (1.7.11) browser
    >> windows open and 3 T-Bird (1.06) windows open including one where I
    >> was writing a long e-mail. I called up one of the browser windows and
    >> was looking for somethingi needed for the e-mail. When I went back
    >> to restore the message composition window from the task bar, nothing
    >> happened for a long time, so I clicked on several other task bar
    >> buttons and eventually a browser window appeared, but the message
    >> composition window taskbar button disappeared. I was able to bring up
    >> a Thunderbird inbox window and write a new e-mail and send it. Shortly
    >> after that the original e-mail composition window, which had no longer
    >> been showing on the taskbar, suddenly opened up, but this was about 10
    >> minutes or so after I had last clicked on the taskbar to open it.
    >> Should I just chalk this up to a freak event? Are their memory leak
    >> problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    >> manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.
    >>
    >> Jim

    > The only answer I have for you is to learn to Save your typed messages
    > often. Hitting CTRL+S is a quick shortcut key, since your fingers are
    > already on the keyboard.

    Or wait a bit until TB 1.5 comes out, which has an auto-save option
    (also not perfect, while during the save, you temporarily can't type).

    H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Nov 17, 2005
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:49:59 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >gwtc wrote:
    >> Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>> Never had this happen before: I had a couple Mozilla (1.7.11) browser
    >>> windows open and 3 T-Bird (1.06) windows open including one where I
    >>> was writing a long e-mail. I called up one of the browser windows and
    >>> was looking for somethingi needed for the e-mail. When I went back
    >>> to restore the message composition window from the task bar, nothing
    >>> happened for a long time, so I clicked on several other task bar
    >>> buttons and eventually a browser window appeared, but the message
    >>> composition window taskbar button disappeared. I was able to bring up
    >>> a Thunderbird inbox window and write a new e-mail and send it. Shortly
    >>> after that the original e-mail composition window, which had no longer
    >>> been showing on the taskbar, suddenly opened up, but this was about 10
    >>> minutes or so after I had last clicked on the taskbar to open it.
    >>> Should I just chalk this up to a freak event? Are their memory leak
    >>> problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    >>> manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

    >> The only answer I have for you is to learn to Save your typed messages
    >> often. Hitting CTRL+S is a quick shortcut key, since your fingers are
    >> already on the keyboard.

    >Um, why use Mozilla 1.7.11 and Thunderbird? Wouldnt Firefox 1.0.7 be a
    >better 'fit' with Thunderbird? OR, use the email component already
    >available in Mozilla 1.7.11 instead of Thunderbird.

    I had adopted Firefox and Thunderbird a long time ago but abandoned FF
    because of repeated disappearance of history files/auto complete
    entries and other quirky behavior (1.06 and 1.07). I suppose I should
    migrate my mail settings back into Mozilla.

    Will use the Ctrl S feature now.

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 17, 2005
  6. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:48:23 +0100, Hendrik Maryns
    <> wrote:

    >gwtc schreef:
    >> Jim wrote:
    >>
    >>> Never had this happen before: I had a couple Mozilla (1.7.11) browser
    >>> windows open and 3 T-Bird (1.06) windows open including one where I
    >>> was writing a long e-mail. I called up one of the browser windows and
    >>> was looking for somethingi needed for the e-mail. When I went back
    >>> to restore the message composition window from the task bar, nothing
    >>> happened for a long time, so I clicked on several other task bar
    >>> buttons and eventually a browser window appeared, but the message
    >>> composition window taskbar button disappeared. I was able to bring up
    >>> a Thunderbird inbox window and write a new e-mail and send it. Shortly
    >>> after that the original e-mail composition window, which had no longer
    >>> been showing on the taskbar, suddenly opened up, but this was about 10
    >>> minutes or so after I had last clicked on the taskbar to open it.
    >>> Should I just chalk this up to a freak event? Are their memory leak
    >>> problems associated with T-Bird? I didn't check the memory, but task
    >>> manager was showing low cpu usage the whole time.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

    >> The only answer I have for you is to learn to Save your typed messages
    >> often. Hitting CTRL+S is a quick shortcut key, since your fingers are
    >> already on the keyboard.

    >Or wait a bit until TB 1.5 comes out, which has an auto-save option
    >(also not perfect, while during the save, you temporarily can't type).
    >
    >H.

    Keeping my eyes out for the 1.5 final release.

    TUVM
    Jim, Nov 17, 2005