    Mcfee firewall pro 2005
    BTBroadband 2mbit through Zoom 5510 USB modem
    P4 2.4 1024mRam
    relaxing cardshark, Jun 8, 2005

  2. relaxing cardshark

    Moz Champion Guest

    relaxing cardshark wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a problem with thunderbird and i was wondering if anyone else had
    > it. I can start it up ok and it gets my messages from my email, rss and
    > newsgroups ok and it is ok for a few hours but after about 6 hours or so
    > it seems to just stop retrieving messages and just sits there with the
    > busy icon but nothing happening. I have tried it without my firewall
    > (mcfee) but it still does the same thing. It doesnt seem to do this with
    > the suite 1.7.8/1.8b2 only with thunderbird 1.0.2
    >
    > My specs are as follows if it helps:
    >
    > WinXP SP2
    > Thunderbird 1.0.2
    > Mcfee firewall pro 2005
    > BTBroadband 2mbit through Zoom 5510 USB modem
    > P4 2.4 1024mRam

    What mail check times are you using?

    Its better to have longer mail check times (say 5 minutes or more) for
    each account to allow for one check to finish before another is started.
    The mail isnt going anywhere ya hnow <g> It will still be there if you
    check in 5 minutes rather than 2 say <g>

    A failure in one account (mail or news) will effectively STOP the
    automatic checks
    ensure that all your mail accounts are responding and that you DONT have
    a news server bad entry that is contributiing
    Moz Champion, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Thanks for that i will try it :)

    I currently have my mail checking every 3 mins apart on 8 email
    addresses and then the RSS every 30 mins and news every 10 i think it is
    so maybe i should space them out more like you said.

    Ill post back what happens

    relaxing cardshark, Jun 8, 2005
  4. I tried what you said and it seems to have worked, i spaced the times
    for looking for mail out by 10 mins each and now it is retrieving them ok.

    Thanks for that :)
    relaxing cardshark, Jun 9, 2005