    Believe me, I'm lost without spelling help.
    What do I need to do ?.....Thanks
    Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 15, 2007

  2. Mike Gellert wrote:
    > I badly need some help !
    > I have downloaded three versions of the English language, all showling
    > up in the add-on folder but none will appear on my spell checker.
    > Believe me, I'm lost without spelling help.
    > What do I need to do ?.....Thanks
    > Mike

    What version of Thunderbird are you using?

    For 1.5x versions go here
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/dictionaries.html

    For 2.0 versions go here
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html

    You download them, then start up Thunderbird and using the Tools menu
    install them

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 15, 2007

  3. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Mike Gellert wrote:
    >> I badly need some help !
    >> I have downloaded three versions of the English language, all showling
    >> up in the add-on folder but none will appear on my spell checker.
    >> Believe me, I'm lost without spelling help.
    >> What do I need to do ?.....Thanks
    >> Mike

    > What version of Thunderbird are you using?
    >
    > For 1.5x versions go here
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/dictionaries.html
    >
    > For 2.0 versions go here
    > http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html
    >

    > You download them, then start up Thunderbird and using the Tools menu
    > install them

    Hi Dan,
    Thanks for the reply
    I'm running Thunderbird 2.0
    I have just discovered where my problem is, Although I downloaded the
    dictionary through the Thunderbird site, they have ended up in the
    Firefox add-on folder. ??
    How do I get around this.....Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 15, 2007
  4. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    Mike Gellert wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Mike Gellert wrote:
    >>> I badly need some help !
    >>> I have downloaded three versions of the English language, all
    >>> showling up in the add-on folder but none will appear on my spell
    >>> checker.
    >>> Believe me, I'm lost without spelling help.
    >>> What do I need to do ?.....Thanks
    >>> Mike

    >> What version of Thunderbird are you using?
    >>
    >> For 1.5x versions go here
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/dictionaries.html
    >>
    >> For 2.0 versions go here
    >> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html
    >>

    >> You download them, then start up Thunderbird and using the Tools menu
    >> install them

    > Hi Dan,
    > Thanks for the reply
    > I'm running Thunderbird 2.0
    > I have just discovered where my problem is, Although I downloaded the
    > dictionary through the Thunderbird site, they have ended up in the
    > Firefox add-on folder. ??
    > How do I get around this.....Mike

    Dan, Just to clarify the above, the dictionarys are in Firefox Add-on
    NOT Thunderbird Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 15, 2007
  5. Mike Gellert

    Miller Guest

    *Mike Gellert* wrote on 15.05.07 02:16:
    > Mike Gellert wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> Mike Gellert wrote:

    >>> You download them, then start up Thunderbird and using the Tools menu
    >>> install them

    >> I'm running Thunderbird 2.0
    >> I have just discovered where my problem is, Although I downloaded the
    >> dictionary through the Thunderbird site, they have ended up in the
    >> Firefox add-on folder. ??
    >> How do I get around this.....Mike
    >>

    > Dan, Just to clarify the above, the dictionarys are in Firefox Add-on
    > NOT Thunderbird Mike

    How about just moving\copying them to your TB-Addon-Folder?

    HTH, Miller

    Miller, May 15, 2007
  6. Miller wrote:
    > *Mike Gellert* wrote on 15.05.07 02:16:
    >> Mike Gellert wrote:

    >>> I'm running Thunderbird 2.0
    >>> I have just discovered where my problem is, Although I downloaded the
    >>> dictionary through the Thunderbird site, they have ended up in the
    >>> Firefox add-on folder. ??
    >>> How do I get around this.....Mike
    >>>

    >> Dan, Just to clarify the above, the dictionarys are in Firefox Add-on
    >> NOT Thunderbird Mike

    > How about just moving\copying them to your TB-Addon-Folder?
    >
    > HTH, Miller

    You simply go here
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/all.html

    right-click the download button for the dictionary you want
    tell it when you download where you want it to go (I use the desktop myself)

    Then fire up Thunderbird, and use the Tools-->Add-ons (Extensions)
    <Install>
    button to select them and install

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 15, 2007
  7. Mike Gellert

    Mike Gellert Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Mike Gellert* wrote on 15.05.07 02:16:
    >> Mike Gellert wrote:

    >>> I'm running Thunderbird 2.0
    >>> I have just discovered where my problem is, Although I downloaded the
    >>> dictionary through the Thunderbird site, they have ended up in the
    >>> Firefox add-on folder. ??
    >>> How do I get around this.....Mike
    >>>

    >> Dan, Just to clarify the above, the dictionarys are in Firefox Add-on
    >> NOT Thunderbird Mike

    > How about just moving\copying them to your TB-Addon-Folder?
    >
    > HTH, Miller

    Hi Dan.
    Fixed !! I ended up re-downloading the full TH program ( which was
    slightly larger than the original I installed) and the US version was there.
    Thanks for you input
    Cheers Mike

    Mike Gellert, May 15, 2007