    supposed to delete I believe but I can't find references to which or
    where. Suggestions please.
    WC

    WCH, Aug 1, 2005

  2. WCH

    WCH Guest

    WCH wrote:
    > I know I've read about this problem but can't find it in searches. I've
    > use Thunderbird for nearly a year and it's great. I'm running 1.06
    > right now. Recently, it has become VERY slow to load, and when it does
    > it will give me false counts on total messages and new messages. False
    > counts by, like, THOUSANDS sometimes. There are some Mozilla files I'm
    > supposed to delete I believe but I can't find references to which or
    > where. Suggestions please.
    > WC

    Found the solution to my problem. Corrupt index files. Saved my
    default profile (the only one that exists), searched all the .msf files
    (T-Bird index files, I gather), deleted them all. I expected them to be
    recreated when mail was launched again. They were. Now the app is fast
    and the message count is accurate.
    FYI

    WCH, Aug 2, 2005