THUNDERBIRD SIGNATURE

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Pastor Dave, Jun 26, 2005.

  1. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to have a signature in my account in
    Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
    and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.

    How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
    file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
    the image to appear below my text?

    Thanks!

    --

    Pastor Dave

    Silence in the Face of Doctrinal Criticism is Suicide

    http://www.ecclesia.org/truth/solution.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ce97m

    Pastor Dave, Jun 26, 2005

  2. Pastor Dave

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:

    > I would like to have a signature in my account in
    > Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
    > and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
    >
    > How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
    > file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
    > the image to appear below my text?

    Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
    for a few ways for the image to be used.

    <http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
    <http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
    <http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 26, 2005

  3. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:43:45 +1000, Rom
    <> spake thusly:

    >On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to have a signature in my account in
    >> Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
    >> and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
    >>
    >> How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
    >> file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
    >> the image to appear below my text?

    >Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
    >for a few ways for the image to be used.
    >
    ><http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
    ><http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
    ><http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

    Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
    signature file go out with my emails, that includes
    some text and a small image as a signature.

    I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
    is a local image on my hard drive?

    Pastor Dave, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Pastor Dave

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 02:43:45 +1000, Rom
    > <> spake thusly:
    >

    >>On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 03:03:51 GMT, Pastor Dave wrote:
    >>

    >>>I would like to have a signature in my account in
    >>>Thunderbird. I would like to have text with my name
    >>>and then a small image load, that is local to my PC.
    >>>
    >>>How can I do this? I know I can tell it to attach a
    >>>file, but do I make a text file and if so, how do I get
    >>>the image to appear below my text?

    >>Use the signature for the text only, and look at the following URLs
    >>for a few ways for the image to be used.
    >>
    >><http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/customheaders.html>
    >><http://tecwizards.de/mozilla/messagefaces/>
    >><http://senderface.mozdev.org/>

    > Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
    > signature file go out with my emails, that includes
    > some text and a small image as a signature.
    >
    > I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
    > is a local image on my hard drive?

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Signatures

    If you need more assistance let us know.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:17:36 -0400, Ed Mullen
    <> spake thusly:

    >> Thanks, but what I'm looking for, is a way to have a
    >> signature file go out with my emails, that includes
    >> some text and a small image as a signature.
    >>
    >> I.e., what code would I put in, considering that this
    >> is a local image on my hard drive?
    >>

    >http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Signatures
    >
    >If you need more assistance let us know.

    That was pretty close, thanks. :) I found through
    experimentation, that you don't even need Notepad.
    You can insert the picture and save it as an HTML
    file right from Thunderbird. :)

    Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
    I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
    and I just can't get it to work. :)

    >I wonder how much deeper would the ocean be without sponges.

    Good question. <LOL!> :)

    Pastor Dave, Jun 27, 2005
  6. Pastor Dave

    Z Guest

    Pastor Dave wrote:
    > Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
    > I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
    > and I just can't get it to work. :)

    The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
    is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.

    That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    Z, Jun 27, 2005
  7. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <> spake
    thusly:

    >Pastor Dave wrote:
    >> Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
    >> I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
    >> and I just can't get it to work. :)

    >The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
    >is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
    >
    >That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?

    -\n--

    ???

    Pastor Dave, Jun 27, 2005
  8. Pastor Dave

    Scott Nelson Guest

    On my sig, I didn't put the hyphens. Just what I wanted the signature
    to say. Thunderbird puts the hyphens in for you.

    Scott

    --
    http://www.treasuredude.net.tc
    http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/

    Scott Nelson, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Pastor Dave

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Pastor Dave* wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <> spake
    > thusly:
    >
    >>Pastor Dave wrote:
    >>> Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
    >>> I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
    >>> and I just can't get it to work. :)

    >>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
    >>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
    >>
    >>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    > Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >
    > -\n--
    >
    > ???

    No, just "-- "(hyphen, hyphen, space) and then hit Enter.

    You are using Forte Agent, a "special" software for news and I'm
    suprised that it does not have easy understandable preference and not
    even pre setted for things like this.

    Especially in news the sig "cutter" is very much appricated. I'm using
    Mozilla Suite's mail/news app and this is "natural" from the start :)

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.

    Arne, Jun 27, 2005
  10. Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 19:53:
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <> spake
    > thusly:
    >

    >>Pastor Dave wrote:
    >>
    >>>Btw, how do you get your sig to disappear when
    >>>I respond? I have tried dashes, underscores, etc
    >>>and I just can't get it to work. :)

    >>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
    >>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
    >>
    >>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    > Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >
    > -\n--
    >
    > ???

    Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    and will be cut off when replying.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 27, 2005
  11. Pastor Dave

    Z Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:

    >>> The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter,
    >>> which is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
    >>>
    >>> That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    >> Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >>
    >> -\n--
    >> ???

    > Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    > it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    > and will be cut off when replying.

    He's creating a special sig for e-mail only, so the sig you see in his
    Usenet posts is different.

    Z, Jun 27, 2005
  12. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:17:32 +0200, Hendrik Maryns
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 19:53:
    >> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <> spake
    >> thusly:

    >>>The signature must appear after the standard signature delimiter, which
    >>>is -- \n ... two hyphens, a space and a newline.
    >>>
    >>>That's how TB knows where the signature is.

    >> Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >>
    >> -\n--
    >>
    >> ???

    >Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    >it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    >and will be cut off when replying.

    I wouldn't know that I'm doing it right. It may have
    done it with the message you responded to, because
    the correct symbols were in my question. When I post
    each day and people respond, my signature is always
    in the quoted message when I see their response.
    That's why I'm asking.

    Pastor Dave, Jun 27, 2005
  13. Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 22:57:
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:17:32 +0200, Hendrik Maryns
    > <> spake thusly:
    >

    >>Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 19:53:
    >>
    >>>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:42:13 -0700, Z <> spake
    >>>thusly:

    >>>Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >>>
    >>>-\n--
    >>>
    >>>???

    >>Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    >>it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    >>and will be cut off when replying.

    > I wouldn't know that I'm doing it right. It may have
    > done it with the message you responded to, because
    > the correct symbols were in my question. When I post
    > each day and people respond, my signature is always
    > in the quoted message when I see their response.
    > That's why I'm asking.

    Probably the people that are responding to you are using Outlook
    Express. It doesn't chip off signatures. Educate them ;-)

    Hendrik Maryns, Jun 27, 2005
  14. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:30:43 -0700, Z <> spake
    thusly:

    >>> Okay, so in my signature file, I put the following?
    >>>
    >>> -\n--
    >>> ???

    >> Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    >> it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    >> and will be cut off when replying.

    >He's creating a special sig for e-mail only, so the sig you see in his
    >Usenet posts is different.

    Yes, exactly. The sig with the pic was an email
    question with Thunderbird. Cutting off the sig
    when someone replies was a general question
    for a news group reader. I use Agent.

    Pastor Dave, Jun 27, 2005
  15. Pastor Dave

    Pastor Dave Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:00:36 +0200, Hendrik Maryns
    <> spake thusly:

    >Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 22:57:
    >> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:17:32 +0200, Hendrik Maryns
    >> <> spake thusly:
    >>

    >>>Pastor Dave uitte de volgende tekst op 27/06/2005 19:53:

    >>>Strange thing: you ask how to do it, but at the same time, you're doing
    >>>it right. If TB shows a part in grey, that is usually the signature,
    >>>and will be cut off when replying.

    >> I wouldn't know that I'm doing it right. It may have
    >> done it with the message you responded to, because
    >> the correct symbols were in my question. When I post
    >> each day and people respond, my signature is always
    >> in the quoted message when I see their response.
    >> That's why I'm asking.

    >Probably the people that are responding to you are using Outlook
    >Express. It doesn't chip off signatures. Educate them ;-)

    Well, you could be right. :) But I doubt they all are.

    Pastor Dave, Jun 28, 2005