    having their contents revealed.

    Tnanks

    dj tuchler
    Dennis J. Tuchler, Mar 16, 2005

  2. Dennis J. Tuchler

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wondered:
    > How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
    > e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
    > window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
    > having their contents revealed.

    Hit F8.

    Danny Colyer, Mar 16, 2005

  3. Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
    > e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
    > window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
    > having their contents revealed.
    >
    > Tnanks
    >
    > dj tuchler

    I had the same problem so I chose a view without a split pane, go to
    view\layout\choose classic view\remove tick from message panel f8
    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Mar 17, 2005
  4. Dennis J. Tuchler

    no-spam Guest

    Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
    > How does one set up Thunderbird so that when the title of a piece of
    > e-mail is highlighted the contents do not automatically appear in a
    > window? I want to be able to delete suspicious pieces of mail without
    > having their contents revealed.

    press F8

    or install an Extension :)

    Toggle Preview Pane 0.7

    this adds a button to the toolbar so you can
    toggle the prieview window on and off

    installing an extension may appear to be overkill -
    it depends on whether clicking an icon or
    pressing the keyboard fits with the way you work, I suppose
    no-spam, Mar 17, 2005