Thunderbird settings

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mieowmieowkittie, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Hello

    I don't know if I am posting in the right newsgroup, if not please forgive
    me but I couldn't find a thunderbird newsgroup.

    Anyways, I want to use thunderbird with my hotmail address and my Netscape
    address but I don't know what settings I should use to make them work. Is
    this possible? can I use thunderbird for hotmail and Netscape or can I only
    use pop3 addresses with it?

    Hope someone can help

    Thanks in advance

    Paul

    ---

    Mieowmieowkittie, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Mieowmieowkittie wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I don't know if I am posting in the right newsgroup, if not please forgive
    > me but I couldn't find a thunderbird newsgroup.
    >

    > Anyways, I want to use thunderbird with my hotmail address and my Netscape
    > address but I don't know what settings I should use to make them work. Is
    > this possible? can I use thunderbird for hotmail and Netscape or can I only
    > use pop3 addresses with it?
    >

    > Hope someone can help
    >

    > Thanks in advance
    >

    > Paul
    >

    > ---

    I know of no way to make Netscape web mail work with TB. It is
    proprietary to Netscape. NS7.1 would be the best option there.

    Hotmail does have an open source pop3 converter, Hotmail Popper:

    http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/

    I have never used it, but I understand it works well.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2003

  3. Mieowmieowkittie

    Night_Seer Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Mieowmieowkittie wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I don't know if I am posting in the right newsgroup, if not please
    >> forgive me but I couldn't find a thunderbird newsgroup.
    >>

    >> Anyways, I want to use thunderbird with my hotmail address and my
    >> Netscape address but I don't know what settings I should use to make
    >> them work. Is this possible? can I use thunderbird for hotmail and
    >> Netscape or can I only use pop3 addresses with it?
    >>

    >> Hope someone can help
    >>

    >> Thanks in advance
    >>

    >> Paul
    >>

    >> ---
    >>

    > I know of no way to make Netscape web mail work with TB. It is
    > proprietary to Netscape. NS7.1 would be the best option there.
    >
    > Hotmail does have an open source pop3 converter, Hotmail Popper:
    >
    > http://www.boolean.ca/hotpop/
    >
    > I have never used it, but I understand it works well.
    >
    > Lee

    I do ue it, and it works fine, you can even run junkmail controls on the
    mail once its in thunderbird. Highly recomended.
    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Oct 14, 2003