    "You can go a long way with a smile.
    You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun."
    Al Capone

    Your Worst Nightmare, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
    > I don't know how the Thunderbird search bar is supposed to work on the
    > newsgroups, but it seems to work normally for Subject and Sender
    > searches, but if I try to search "Entire Message" or "Find In Message,"
    > it always comes back with zero results, no matter what I search for.
    > What's the deal with this?

    The search bar only searches subject and sender in the list pane. To
    search the body of a message, use Edit>>Find.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
    >
    >> I don't know how the Thunderbird search bar is supposed to work on the
    >> newsgroups, but it seems to work normally for Subject and Sender
    >> searches, but if I try to search "Entire Message" or "Find In
    >> Message," it always comes back with zero results, no matter what I
    >> search for. What's the deal with this?

    > The search bar only searches subject and sender in the list pane. To
    > search the body of a message, use Edit>>Find.
    >
    > Lee

    On the Edit->Find->Search Messages pane, the drop down menu only lets me
    search subject and sender. :(

    Your Worst Nightmare, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Your Worst Nightmare

    Waltzzz Guest

    In my TB version 1.00 Edit | Find | Search Messages comes with a drop
    down box that shows a whole list of headers and also "Body".

    Waltzzz, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't know how the Thunderbird search bar is supposed to work on
    >>> the newsgroups, but it seems to work normally for Subject and Sender
    >>> searches, but if I try to search "Entire Message" or "Find In
    >>> Message," it always comes back with zero results, no matter what I
    >>> search for. What's the deal with this?

    >> The search bar only searches subject and sender in the list pane. To
    >> search the body of a message, use Edit>>Find.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > On the Edit->Find->Search Messages pane, the drop down menu only lets me
    > search subject and sender. :(

    Edit>>Find gives a drop down.

    Find in this message
    Find again
    Find previous
    Search Messages
    Search Subject

    This is in TB 1.0. I don't know why yours would be different.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 14, 2005