    Keith (Southend)
    http://www.southendweather.net
    e-mail: kreh at southendweather dot net
    Keith (Southend), Nov 2, 2006

  2. Keith (Southend) wrote:
    > Is there anyway I can block certain contributors "trolls" to any
    > particular newgroup using Thunderbird. There seem to be some rugular
    > ones that cross post amongst certain newsgroups and although I never add
    > to the c^%p the go on about would rather not seeing any of it in the
    > first place.

    When you receive such a message, click on the senders name just above
    the message pane on the right. Choose Create filter from this message.

    Note that only messages after the filter is created will be filtered.

    Also note that messages removed by the filter can screw up the new
    message count. For example, if the filter removed two messages and eight
    others came in, the count would show ten until the group is opened.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Keith (Southend) wrote:
    >> Is there anyway I can block certain contributors "trolls" to any
    >> particular newgroup using Thunderbird. There seem to be some rugular
    >> ones that cross post amongst certain newsgroups and although I never
    >> add to the c^%p the go on about would rather not seeing any of it in
    >> the first place.

    > When you receive such a message, click on the senders name just above
    > the message pane on the right. Choose Create filter from this message.
    >
    > Note that only messages after the filter is created will be filtered.
    >
    > Also note that messages removed by the filter can screw up the new
    > message count. For example, if the filter removed two messages and eight
    > others came in, the count would show ten until the group is opened.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks Lee

    Keith (Southend), Nov 2, 2006