    Is there a way to automatically change the color of text from black
    (default) when replying to an email message?
    ~Himm
    Himm, Mar 1, 2005

  2. Himm wrote:
    > Is there a way to automatically change the color of text from black
    > (default) when replying to an email message?
    > ~Himm

    If you compose in HTML, its quite easy. Note that many newsgroups frown
    on HTML, and many users have their email clients set to view everything
    as plain text, so whether or not people see the colors is an open question.

    Open a Compose window in HTML Mode. Note, you are in HTML mode if you
    see a formatting bar, allowing modification of text, font selection,
    color, alignment, etc. If you don;t see that formatting bar, you are in
    Plain Text Mode.

    If, when pressing write, reply, etc, you get a plain text Compose
    window, you have TB set to automatically compose in plain text. This
    can be changed in Tools>>Account Settings>>(account)>>Composition and
    Addressing. Check the box for Compose Messages in HTML. Note thqt this
    can be done on an account by account basis, so it is very easy to, for
    example, have mail accounts in HTML, and News accounts in Plain Text.

    To toggle from one mode to the other, hold the Shift key down when click
    ing Write or Reply, etc. If that account is set for Plain Text,
    Shift+Write, will open an HTML window.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Himm

    Himm Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Himm wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to automatically change the color of text from black
    >> (default) when replying to an email message?
    >> ~Himm

    > If you compose in HTML, its quite easy. Note that many newsgroups frown
    > on HTML, and many users have their email clients set to view everything
    > as plain text, so whether or not people see the colors is an open question.
    >
    > Open a Compose window in HTML Mode. Note, you are in HTML mode if you
    > see a formatting bar, allowing modification of text, font selection,
    > color, alignment, etc. If you don;t see that formatting bar, you are in
    > Plain Text Mode.
    >
    > If, when pressing write, reply, etc, you get a plain text Compose
    > window, you have TB set to automatically compose in plain text. This
    > can be changed in Tools>>Account Settings>>(account)>>Composition and
    > Addressing. Check the box for Compose Messages in HTML. Note thqt this
    > can be done on an account by account basis, so it is very easy to, for
    > example, have mail accounts in HTML, and News accounts in Plain Text.
    >
    > To toggle from one mode to the other, hold the Shift key down when click
    > ing Write or Reply, etc. If that account is set for Plain Text,
    > Shift+Write, will open an HTML window.
    >
    > Lee

    I know how to manually do it, I was asking if there is a setting that
    can set the default font for replies as opposed to create new mail font.

    Thanks
    Himm, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Himm

    Moz Champion Guest

    Himm wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Himm wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to automatically change the color of text from black
    >>> (default) when replying to an email message?
    >>> ~Himm

    >> If you compose in HTML, its quite easy. Note that many newsgroups
    >> frown on HTML, and many users have their email clients set to view
    >> everything as plain text, so whether or not people see the colors is
    >> an open question.
    >>
    >> Open a Compose window in HTML Mode. Note, you are in HTML mode if you
    >> see a formatting bar, allowing modification of text, font selection,
    >> color, alignment, etc. If you don;t see that formatting bar, you are
    >> in Plain Text Mode.
    >>
    >> If, when pressing write, reply, etc, you get a plain text Compose
    >> window, you have TB set to automatically compose in plain text. This
    >> can be changed in Tools>>Account Settings>>(account)>>Composition and
    >> Addressing. Check the box for Compose Messages in HTML. Note thqt
    >> this can be done on an account by account basis, so it is very easy
    >> to, for example, have mail accounts in HTML, and News accounts in
    >> Plain Text.
    >>
    >> To toggle from one mode to the other, hold the Shift key down when
    >> click ing Write or Reply, etc. If that account is set for Plain Text,
    >> Shift+Write, will open an HTML window.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > I know how to manually do it, I was asking if there is a setting that
    > can set the default font for replies as opposed to create new mail font.
    >
    > Thanks

    Sure you can

    Add this to userContent.css
    Change the colour of quoted text in the editor (while composing
    emails/news postings)
    Add the following to userContent.css

    span[_moz_quote=true] {
    color: #000000 !important;
    }

    Where color specifies the colour for the quoted text.

    You can use words instead of numbers as well
    i.e.

    span[_moz_quote=true] {
    color: black ! important;
    }

    Making changes in the user files is MUCH simpler if you have the User
    Proflie File Editor "ChromeEdit"
    for example, all you have to do is cut and paste the above example into
    the UserContent window provided by ChromeEdit, replacing the text there,
    and save the file
    ChromeEdit is available here
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=22
    note I use the bumped max version