    Tinklemagoo Guest

    Does Thunderbird have the ability to read Newsgroups?

    Would be convenient to have a combined mail and newsgroup in Thunderbird.

    Tinklemagoo, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Tinklemagoo

    Jacob Riis Guest

    "Tinklemagoo" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:wun9b.415$...
    > Does Thunderbird have the ability to read Newsgroups?
    >
    > Would be convenient to have a combined mail and newsgroup in Thunderbird.

    yes it also has a newsreader. I don't think it is great for newsgroups. But
    check the programme for yourselves and see if you like it. The mail client
    part is pretty good.

    --
    Jacob

    Jacob Riis, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Jacob Riis wrote:

    > "Tinklemagoo" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    >
    >>Does Thunderbird have the ability to read Newsgroups?
    >>
    >>Would be convenient to have a combined mail and newsgroup in Thunderbird.

    > yes it also has a newsreader. I don't think it is great for newsgroups. But
    > check the programme for yourselves and see if you like it. The mail client
    > part is pretty good.

    Mail is better then News, but I find News good enough for my needs.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Tinklemagoo

    Axl Guest

    Same here...One thing I did like about Outlook Express as a news reader
    was the ability to flag headers so I could keep track of the discussions
    I wanted, but I found marking headers as 'important' so it highlights
    them red works fairly well.

    Axl, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Axl wrote:
    > Same here...One thing I did like about Outlook Express as a news reader
    > was the ability to flag headers so I could keep track of the discussions
    > I wanted, but I found marking headers as 'important' so it highlights
    > them red works fairly well.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Mail is better then News, but I find News good enough for my needs.
    >>
    >> Lee

    I actually find the red "important" highlight works better for me. Its
    all in what you're used to I guess. I haven't used OE as a newsreader
    in 16 months, and I don't miss it a bit.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 16, 2003