    Any hints? Thanks in advance

    Neal

    Remove UPPERCASE from email address to email me

    Neal Smith, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Neal Smith wrote:
    > I was doing well with Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 (been usi9ng TBird for a
    > long time but today it quit asking me for my password (I have never
    > set up a master password).
    >
    > I tries to retrieve email from the pop3 server and returns with "could
    > not connect to server ..., connection was refused.
    >
    > Same thing when I try to send email.
    >
    > Any hints? Thanks in advance
    >
    > Neal
    >
    > Remove UPPERCASE from email address to email me

    close TB. Now open your firewall, remove all settings for
    TB. Open TB and try again. Did it connect?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Neal Smith

    Neal Smith Guest

    Well, checking everything, I set up outlook express (which I don't
    much care for) to try to get the email. It also failed.

    So it is a problem with the mail server. I called the ISP, and their
    entire help system is down, they can't tell anything.

    Thanks for your help.

    Neal Smith, Aug 26, 2007