    comes into Outlook Express not Thunderbird. I do not have Outlook Express
    open when it does this. Thunderbird does not display this behavior when I
    download newsgroups messages. Any suggestions.

    Dean A. Stepper, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Dean A. Stepper

    --BRIAN-- Guest

    Dean A. Stepper wrote:
    > When I launch Thunderbird in checks my e-mail I hear incoming mail but it
    > comes into Outlook Express not Thunderbird. I do not have Outlook Express
    > open when it does this. Thunderbird does not display this behavior when I
    > download newsgroups messages. Any suggestions.

    Is TOOLS >> ACCOUNT SETTINGS >> SERVER SETTINGS >> AUTOMATICALLY
    DOWNLOAD NEW MESSAGES checked (for each mail account)?

    I'm assuming you are opening TB, it checks for new mail, you hear the
    "new mail" sound, there's no email so you open OE and it downloads the
    messages automatically.

    --
    Brian

    version 0.8 (20040916)
    2.6.8-gentoo-r3 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ GNU/Linux

    --BRIAN--, Sep 17, 2004