Thunderbird problem?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by exg, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. exg

    exg Guest

    Bare with me, there is a Cisco thing in here.

    All of this started after we installed a Cisco ASA 5500 firewall at
    our site.

    I have one user having email problems. He launches Thunderbird and it
    checks for messages. After a minute or two, it times out with the
    server, failing to get any messages. After the first timeout,
    everything works fine. If you stop it from timing out, it won't
    work. Outlook Express works fine for him, and Thunderbird works fine
    for my home computer (and other's).

    I've tried uninstalling Thunderbird and reinstalling. Firewall and
    AVG is off. Note: Outlook Express works perfect, and it's only the
    first time that Thunderbird times out.

    Also, we've tried setting up a VPN client to tunnel to our site, and
    there is no difference in functionality. Again, for my home computer,
    it works fine either way.

    It seems like the firewall is the issue, but it works everywhere
    else.

    Can there be a timing issue with the firewall? Is there any problem
    with Thunderbird and a firewall?

    (yes, I've tried and am trying the Thunderbird group)

    exg, Mar 27, 2007