    mentioned. Anyone found a cure, other than the workaround I've mentioned?

    I'm using a Pentium III, Windows XP Home SP2, and 512 mb RAM.

    -- Ron

    Ronald Hands, Oct 30, 2006

  2. Ronald Hands

    Aido Guest

    Ronald Hands wrote:
    > Through several versions, I've had the problem with Thunderbird that
    > when I open the program and click on a mail header, I can't get the text
    > to come up. Only going to another area, such as Local Folders, clicking
    > there, and then returning to the mail headers will clear the situation.
    > This has happened on both my desktop and laptop computers.
    >
    > I presume this isn't restricted to my setup, but I've never seen it
    > mentioned. Anyone found a cure, other than the workaround I've mentioned?
    >
    > I'm using a Pentium III, Windows XP Home SP2, and 512 mb RAM.
    >
    > -- Ron

    Hiya Ron.

    I have the same problem as you, but leaving the headers doesn't always
    fix the problem, I ussually have to shut down TB & re-open it.
    I've posted my problem here befor, but am yet to get a responce to a fix.

    Can Anybody out there help us with our problem?
    Using TB 1.0.7

    Celeron 1.66
    768meg ram
    XP home SP2, all upto date.

    Aido. :)>

    Aido, Oct 30, 2006

  3. Aido wrote:
    > Ronald Hands wrote:
    >> Through several versions, I've had the problem with Thunderbird
    >> that when I open the program and click on a mail header, I can't get
    >> the text to come up. Only going to another area, such as Local
    >> Folders, clicking there, and then returning to the mail headers will
    >> clear the situation. This has happened on both my desktop and laptop
    >> computers.
    >>
    >> I presume this isn't restricted to my setup, but I've never seen it
    >> mentioned. Anyone found a cure, other than the workaround I've
    >> mentioned?
    >>
    >> I'm using a Pentium III, Windows XP Home SP2, and 512 mb RAM.
    >>
    >> -- Ron
    >>

    > Hiya Ron.
    >
    > I have the same problem as you, but leaving the headers doesn't always
    > fix the problem, I ussually have to shut down TB & re-open it.
    > I've posted my problem here befor, but am yet to get a responce to a fix.
    >
    > Can Anybody out there help us with our problem?
    > Using TB 1.0.7
    >
    > Celeron 1.66
    > 768meg ram
    > XP home SP2, all upto date.
    >
    > Aido. :)>

    Have you both tried starting in Safe Mode?

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox (or Thunderbird)>>Mozilla
    Firefox/Thunderbird (Safe Mode)

    This will disable extensions and help isolate the problem.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 30, 2006