Thunderbird Preferential Extensions

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by =?iso-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3?=, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. Hi

    I have installed Mozilla Thunderbird on my machine with linux. Almost
    everything is perfect, but I can't add new extensions. I tried to do it
    acording to manual from mozilla website, but I got error message. It looks
    like this:

    Mozilla Thunderbird could not download the file at

    ....location of my extension file

    because access denied.

    I tried to install dictionary extension.

    I've got no idea whats going on. I want to shut myself :) . It is not
    a problem with permissions (for shure). I tried to install another
    extension 'Preferential' it has installed ok but after restart I can see
    only empty window, and Thunderbird crashes.

    Looking for a quick answer.

    Rafal

    --
    "You're born with a spark... to search for the truth, for the best You can
    be. Practice. Discipline. Preparation. Try and try again. Then one day

    =?iso-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3?=, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Rafa³ wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have installed Mozilla Thunderbird on my machine with linux. Almost
    > everything is perfect, but I can't add new extensions. I tried to do it
    > acording to manual from mozilla website, but I got error message. It looks
    > like this:
    >
    > Mozilla Thunderbird could not download the file at
    >
    > ...location of my extension file
    >

    > because access denied.
    >
    > I tried to install dictionary extension.
    >
    > I've got no idea whats going on. I want to shut myself :) . It is not
    > a problem with permissions (for shure). I tried to install another
    > extension 'Preferential' it has installed ok but after restart I can see
    > only empty window, and Thunderbird crashes.
    >
    > Looking for a quick answer.
    >
    > Rafal

    Well, the addons site has become rather less then TB friendly lately. I
    notice most of the install links, when right clicked/SaveLinkAs'ed, do
    not download as xpi files, rendering the directions useless.

    The quick answer is the extensions mirror:

    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl

    It has more extensions by quite a bit, and the site works, which is a
    bit of a plus. Using it should allow you to download functional copies
    of the xpis and proceed with the installation of your extensions.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 21, 2005