    Keith (Southend)

    'Weather Home & Abroad'
    http://www.southendweather.net

    Keith (Southend), Oct 14, 2005

  2. Keith (Southend) wrote:
    > I'm going to have to re blow my PC due to a my Windows XP being screwed
    > up and unreliable but was wondering if you can save your Thunderbird
    > personal settings, eg junk mail traps, e-mail and newgroup account
    > details etc. Is this possible and if so what do I need to save?
    >
    > Many thanks

    Copy the entire profile folder:

    Mozilla or Firefox (For Mozilla profiles look in the Profiles subfolder,
    for Firefox, look in Firefox\Profiles)

    WinXP, 2K:
    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla

    Win ME, 98:
    C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla

    For Thunderbird, replace Mozilla with Thunderbird in above paths.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Keith (Southend) wrote:
    >
    >> I'm going to have to re blow my PC due to a my Windows XP being
    >> screwed up and unreliable but was wondering if you can save your
    >> Thunderbird personal settings, eg junk mail traps, e-mail and newgroup
    >> account details etc. Is this possible and if so what do I need to save?
    >>
    >> Many thanks

    > Copy the entire profile folder:
    >
    > Mozilla or Firefox (For Mozilla profiles look in the Profiles subfolder,
    > for Firefox, look in Firefox\Profiles)
    >
    > WinXP, 2K:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla
    >
    > Win ME, 98:
    > C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla
    >
    > For Thunderbird, replace Mozilla with Thunderbird in above paths.
    >
    > Lee

    Thankyou Lee, just the job :)

    Keith (Southend), Oct 14, 2005