    Any ideas?

    thanks,
    Greg

    Greg T, Jan 8, 2008

  2. Greg T

    Miller Guest

    *Greg T* wrote:
    > I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
    > which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
    >
    > This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
    > messages.
    >
    > I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
    > disk space".
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?

    HTH, Miller

    Miller, Jan 8, 2008

  3. Greg T

    Dan C Guest

    Miller wrote:
    > *Greg T* wrote:
    >> I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
    >> which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
    >>
    >> This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
    >> messages.
    >>
    >> I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
    >> disk space".
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?
    >
    > HTH, Miller

    Odd. I do not see any trace of the original by Greg T.

    I know what he is talking about. This happens on a daily
    basis to me. It occurred with all the different versions.

    The cursor locks up within the program while moving from
    email to email, writing as I am now. It did so under Win
    98 and now under xp pro.

    The last time I asked about this annoyance, it was
    suggested that it is an OS problem. I don't know, maybe,
    it is outside the boundries of my capabilities.

    I think it is a common problem, and I wish someone at
    Mozilla would address it.

    Dan C, Jan 9, 2008
  4. Greg T

    Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:16:54 -0800, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >Miller wrote:
    >> *Greg T* wrote:
    >>> I find that Thunderbird, when using IMAP, stalls for periods of 10 to 30 seconds, during
    >>> which time the entire application is utterly unresponsive and uses 100% processor time.
    >>>
    >>> This happens every 2 minutes or so, and is very frustrating when trying to compose or read
    >>> messages.
    >>>
    >>> I have turned off "Check for updates" and "Compact folders when it will save NNN KB of
    >>> disk space".
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Connecting to server, fetching new mail..?
    >>
    >> HTH, Miller

    >Odd. I do not see any trace of the original by Greg T.
    >
    >I know what he is talking about. This happens on a daily
    >basis to me. It occurred with all the different versions.
    >
    >The cursor locks up within the program while moving from
    >email to email, writing as I am now. It did so under Win
    >98 and now under xp pro.
    >
    >The last time I asked about this annoyance, it was
    >suggested that it is an OS problem. I don't know, maybe,
    >it is outside the boundries of my capabilities.
    >
    >I think it is a common problem, and I wish someone at
    >Mozilla would address it.

    I have never experienced this.

    , Jan 9, 2008