thunderbird password

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by King of Red Lions, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Hi, I have a number of different profiles for thunderbird. I was
    wondering if there is any way of password protecting each of these profiles?

    King of Red Lions, Jan 10, 2005

  2. King of Red Lions wrote:
    > Hi, I have a number of different profiles for thunderbird. I was
    > wondering if there is any way of password protecting each of these
    > profiles?

    Not in the sense that NC4 could. You can set a Master Password, which
    will prevent any of your stored passwords from being used however,
    effectively shutting down access to mail accounts.

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Saved Passwords

    Click the Master Password button to set a master password. Just don't
    forget the master password.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 10, 2005