    doing the same thing with TB 1.07.

    bj

    , Jan 29, 2006

  2. wc Guest

    Oh yes, typical description. I have the same problem, and
    have learned to just sit and wait . . . eventually, it will
    open. I'm blaming it on "accelerator" but that may not be
    the cause.

    Will

    wc, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Tony Raven Guest

    wc wrote:
    > Oh yes, typical description. I have the same problem, and
    > have learned to just sit and wait . . . eventually, it will
    > open. I'm blaming it on "accelerator" but that may not be
    > the cause.

    Possibly a large mail folder and a corrupted msf file that has to be
    rebuilt each time? Try renaming the msf file associated with the Inbox
    to .msf.old and let TB rebuild a new one.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

    Tony Raven, Jan 29, 2006
  4. wc Guest

    Thanks! It is a large folder, and that may be the problem.
    I'll do as you suggested.

    wc, Jan 29, 2006
  5. wrote:
    > Has anyone experienced opening Thunderbird and the folders and mail
    > just do not show up? It will say "Done" at the bottom of the page.
    > When this happens I have to close TB and reopen and then it ususally
    > comes up. I'm using XP home, pentium 4 2.23 gh, TB 1.5. And this was
    > doing the same thing with TB 1.07.

    Could it be a theme thing? I had the same when my default TB 1.0.7 theme
    was incompatible with TB 1.5. Had to uninstall, reinstall 1.0.7, change
    themes and delete the dodgy one, then upgrade again. All was OK after that.

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jan 30, 2006