Thunderbird not grouping newsgroup postings

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JC, May 7, 2005.

  1. JC

    JC Guest

    How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re: yada yada

    Thanks
    JC, May 7, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. JC

    EMB Guest

    JC wrote:
    > How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re: yada
    > yada
    >
    > Thanks


    VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED


    --
    EMB
    EMB, May 7, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. JC

    JC Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
    >> yada yada
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    >
    > VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
    >
    >

    Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.
    JC, May 7, 2005
    #3
  4. JC

    ofn01 Guest

    JC wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >> JC wrote:
    >>
    >>> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
    >>> yada yada
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
    >>
    >>

    > Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.


    In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up the
    'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this each
    time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
    unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.
    ofn01, May 7, 2005
    #4
  5. JC

    Nova Guest

    ofn01 wrote:
    > JC wrote:
    >
    >> EMB wrote:
    >>
    >>> JC wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
    >>>> yada yada
    >>>>
    >>>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

    >
    >
    > In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up the
    > 'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this each
    > time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
    > unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.
    >


    Yeah unfortunately true, I use thunderbird with a very large imap
    account also, and it crashes at least a few times daily, ive sent at
    least 100 crash reports back to them over several versions now and still
    seems to crash very regulary... I am always tempted to go back to using
    outlook which is far more polished and stable..
    Nova, May 7, 2005
    #5
  6. JC

    ofn01 Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > ofn01 wrote:
    >
    >> JC wrote:
    >>
    >>> EMB wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> JC wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> How can I fix it so postings are all grouped, instead of being re:
    >>>>> yada yada
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Thanks
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> VIEW -- SORT BY -- THREADED
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks, should of looked there. Doh.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> In my experience if you don't visit a group for a while, it pops up
    >> the 'download 500 headers' box and when it does you have to do this
    >> each time. Thunderbird still has a way to go before its as good as OE
    >> unfortunately. But I stick to it because it feels safer to use.
    >>

    >
    > Yeah unfortunately true, I use thunderbird with a very large imap
    > account also, and it crashes at least a few times daily, ive sent at
    > least 100 crash reports back to them over several versions now and still
    > seems to crash very regulary... I am always tempted to go back to using
    > outlook which is far more polished and stable..


    Thunderbird also has an annoying habit of not properly storing
    credentials if your news server requires authentication. Under certain
    circumstances you have to keep re-entering them in, however OE under the
    exact same circumstances remembers them.
    ofn01, May 7, 2005
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Benjamin P.

    Grouping the replys in Mozilla?

    Benjamin P., Apr 15, 2004, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    660
    .BRIAN.
    Apr 15, 2004
  2. ike lozada
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    3,542
    Walter Roberson
    Feb 3, 2004
  3. MegaC
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    534
    Lookout
    Jan 2, 2007
  4. Ace Hung

    How to retain all the postings in Thunderbird

    Ace Hung, Sep 26, 2007, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    502
    Ace Hung
    Sep 26, 2007
  5. john bently

    getting newsgroup postings sent to a folder

    john bently, Feb 2, 2010, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    300
    richard
    Feb 2, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page