    delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting messages
    appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.

    Am I doing something wrong?

    Jamie_Manic, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Jamie_Manic wrote:
    > Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    > blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    > delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting messages
    > appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong?

    Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will still
    be there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 31, 2005

  3. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Jamie_Manic wrote:
    >
    >> Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    >> blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    >> delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting
    >> messages appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >>
    >> Am I doing something wrong?

    > Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will still
    > be there.

    Yes, but I'm talking about new messages. The messages are coming from
    the same email I have chosen to delete as well.

    Jamie_Manic, Jan 31, 2005
  4. Jamie_Manic wrote:
    > Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    > blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    > delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting messages
    > appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong?

    Check their munged Email address, I had one troll change hers eight
    times in one session making the filters useless.

    Also I have noticed that creating a filter from the right click button
    doesn't seem to work, you need to use message\create filter from message.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    graeme@invalid, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Jamie_Manic

    Jamie_Manic Guest

    graeme@invalid wrote:
    > Jamie_Manic wrote:
    >
    >> Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    >> blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    >> delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting
    >> messages appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >>
    >> Am I doing something wrong?

    > Check their munged Email address, I had one troll change hers eight
    > times in one session making the filters useless.

    Yeah, I've checked that and it isn't changing.

    > Also I have noticed that creating a filter from the right click button
    > doesn't seem to work, you need to use message\create filter from message.

    I have been doing it by the right click method, will try the long way
    round, cheers!

    Jamie_Manic, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Jamie_Manic

    Scratch Guest

    Jamie_Manic wrote:
    > Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    > blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    > delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting messages
    > appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong?

    As am I :(

    Scratch, Feb 7, 2005
  7. Jamie_Manic

    Scratch Guest

    Jamie_Manic wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> Jamie_Manic wrote:
    >>
    >>> Im using Thunderbird to view newsgroups, yet I have a problem with
    >>> blocking people! I select someones email address, create a filter to
    >>> delete all messages from that person and yet I'm still getting
    >>> messages appearing from the people I apply this Delete filter to.
    >>>
    >>> Am I doing something wrong?

    >> Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will
    >> still be there.

    > Yes, but I'm talking about new messages. The messages are coming from
    > the same email I have chosen to delete as well.

    Mine are coming from the NEWS GROUPS and won't save the filter. Didn't
    have this problem with Explorer :(

    Scratch, Feb 7, 2005
  8. Scratch escribió:
    > Jamie_Manic wrote:

    >>> Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will
    >>> still be there.

    >> Yes, but I'm talking about new messages. The messages are coming from
    >> the same email I have chosen to delete as well.

    > Mine are coming from the NEWS GROUPS and won't save the filter. Didn't
    > have this problem with Explorer :(

    I have the same problem!!!

    But there must be a way to block them!!!

    If you find a solution for it, would be really nice if you inf0rm me.

    Thanks in advance!

    J.Gonzalez

    J.Gonzalez Plaza, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Jamie_Manic

    Splibbilla Guest

    xnews has a plonk and score file method.

    afaik, xnews still dl's headers, but the posts don't show in the display once you restart xnews.

    Splibbilla, Feb 15, 2005
  10. Scratch wrote:
    > Jamie_Manic wrote:

    >>> Filters on news will not act retroactively. The old messages will
    >>> still be there.

    >> Yes, but I'm talking about new messages. The messages are coming from
    >> the same email I have chosen to delete as well.

    > Mine are coming from the NEWS GROUPS and won't save the filter. Didn't
    > have this problem with Explorer :(

    I don't think you can delete them. If you don't want to see them -
    filter them as all ready read.
    That way you will not see them.
    If you find a better way - do share.

    John Cougar Concentration Camp, May 20, 2005