Thunderbird NG messages not sorting properly

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Mike Dobony, Jan 12, 2008.

  1. Mike Dobony

    Mike Dobony Guest

    I'm getting my desktop computer back up and running after a system crash
    (fresh start). I am setting up my NG's again and am trying to sort
    message threads by descending date. All the NG's are sorted by Date,
    Descending, and Threads. However, not all are sorting properly by date.
    A few of the active ones have the last few days scrambling at the top.
    EG:

    12/14/2007
    1/6/2008
    6:54 PM
    1/8/2008
    5:49 PM
    6:01 PM
    12:05 PM
    8:43 PM
    1/9/2008
    1/6/2008
    12/10/2007
    6:36 PM
    1/5/2008
    1/10/2008
    2:54 PM
    1/10/2008
    7:30 AM
    Etc.

    Other NG's are sorting threads correctly by date. Any idea why this
    would be happening? I have version 2.0.0.9. Thanks.

    Mike D.
    Mike Dobony, Jan 12, 2008

  2. Mike Dobony wrote:
    > I'm getting my desktop computer back up and running after a system crash
    > (fresh start). I am setting up my NG's again and am trying to sort
    > message threads by descending date. All the NG's are sorted by Date,
    > Descending, and Threads. However, not all are sorting properly by date.
    > A few of the active ones have the last few days scrambling at the top.
    > EG:
    >
    > 12/14/2007
    > 1/6/2008
    > 6:54 PM
    > 1/8/2008
    > 5:49 PM
    > 6:01 PM
    > 12:05 PM
    > 8:43 PM
    > 1/9/2008
    > 1/6/2008
    > 12/10/2007
    > 6:36 PM
    > 1/5/2008
    > 1/10/2008
    > 2:54 PM
    > 1/10/2008
    > 7:30 AM
    > Etc.
    >
    > Other NG's are sorting threads correctly by date. Any idea why this
    > would be happening? I have version 2.0.0.9. Thanks.
    >
    > Mike D.

    close the program, then delete the *.msf file for that
    account, from the New section of the TB profile.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 12, 2008