    has a plus sign beside it and will say if I sort by date?

    Thanks,

    td.
    toedipper, Jun 10, 2005

  2. toedipper

    someone Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > Have just moved from OE to Thunderbird.
    >
    > One thing I miss is in the newsreader in OE the news postings if they
    > had a reply always had a + sign beside them and clicking on this showed
    > replies etc, the whole thread.

    Not sure what your after, have you looked in the KB for sorting options
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Sorting_newsgroups

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    spam the Federal Trade Commission thats
    someone, Jun 11, 2005

  3. toedipper

    Roland Guest

    On 10-6-2005 22:58, toedipper wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Have just moved from OE to Thunderbird.
    >
    > One thing I miss is in the newsreader in OE the news postings if they
    > had a reply always had a + sign beside them and clicking on this showed
    > replies etc, the whole thread.
    >
    > With these plus signs, I could also sort by date and the plus signs
    > would remain.
    >
    > In Thunderbird it seems that *every* posting has it's own listing, is
    > there any way to switch on something so that a thread if it has a reply
    > has a plus sign beside it and will say if I sort by date?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > td.

    Try View -> Sort by -> Threaded
    and View -> Sort by -> Ascending/Descending

    Alternatively, you can click on the column headers in the message list
    (the top right view). Clicking the same column header reverses the order.
    Further, make sure that the 'Thread' column is visible (in the default
    theme, the header of this column shows a small gray balloon). See
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Message-list_columns>: click on the small
    drop-down marker to choose which columns are visible (screenshot
    <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/specs/images/MessagePaneDropdown.png>).

    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ` ___ ___
    `/__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \
    Roland, Jun 11, 2005
  4. toedipper

    toedipper Guest

    toedipper wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Have just moved from OE to Thunderbird.
    >
    > One thing I miss is in the newsreader in OE the news postings if they
    > had a reply always had a + sign beside them and clicking on this showed
    > replies etc, the whole thread.
    >
    > With these plus signs, I could also sort by date and the plus signs
    > would remain.
    >
    > In Thunderbird it seems that *every* posting has it's own listing, is
    > there any way to switch on something so that a thread if it has a reply
    > has a plus sign beside it and will say if I sort by date?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > td.

    Thanks lads that done the job.

    td