    mail and one SMTP.

    The error that I receive when I try File/Subscribe/Refresh is "A News(NNTP)
    error occurred. Aborted by user." It never asked for a password.
    Teather Mitty, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Teather Mitty

    Avalanche Guest

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:54:03 -0500, Teather Mitty <>
    wrote:

    >I could use a little help setting the newsgroups up for the first time. Mail
    >is working fine.
    >
    >I used Tools/Account Settings/Add Account/ and chose Newsgroup Account.
    >
    >I am using Newshosting which requires an id and password to log into the
    >server. The id is NOT an email account but just a user name.
    >
    >I tried using my id as the account name. It would not let me use it on the
    >email address as it wants the
    >
    >I do have a check mark next to the Server Settings Always request
    >authentication.
    >
    >I do not have any entries in Saved Passwords for a newsserver. They are all
    >mail and one SMTP.
    >
    > The error that I receive when I try File/Subscribe/Refresh is "A News(NNTP)
    >error occurred. Aborted by user." It never asked for a password.

    Anytime I see question like this (used to see them from Netscape
    users)I say go to forte.com and get Agent/Free Agent. Used it for 8
    yrs with no problems.

    You could also ask in news.newusers.questions. There are some good
    answerers there, a designated panel, and Jon Bell, the admin (whom I
    dislike annually in this season, as I'm in MA, but he's in SC:).

    Brad
    Avalanche, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Teather Mitty

    elayne Guest

    In actual fact I am a registered user of Agent and Newsbin Pro. I got
    tired of waiting for the new version. The old one is getting old and
    creaky. I thought that I could use this for text and soley use Newsbin
    Pro. I've migrated my mail from AGENT to T'Bird as well with no
    problems.

    Thanks for answering and the tip to news.newusers.questions.

    elayne, Dec 20, 2004
  4. Teather Mitty

    avalanche Guest

    On 19 Dec 2004 18:39:56 -0800, "elayne" <> wrote:

    >In actual fact I am a registered user of Agent and Newsbin Pro. I got
    >tired of waiting for the new version. The old one is getting old and
    >creaky. I thought that I could use this for text and soley use Newsbin
    >Pro. I've migrated my mail from AGENT to T'Bird as well with no
    >problems.
    >
    >Thanks for answering and the tip to news.newusers.questions.

    OK, you sandbagged me:) I didn't expect >I could use a little help
    setting the newsgroups up for the first
    time<...followed by >In actual fact I am a registered user of Agent
    and Newsbin Pro<. Guess I should check out Newsbin.

    And I do like ans at top. Many arguments on this over years.

    Golly, orig post and reply display diff ID:) Gee, neither domain
    works:) How do you do that:) Wish we could swap more.

    Mail me? Can't recall my settings, but you prolly can figure. Mr Spam
    sure can.

    Brad

    avalanche, Dec 20, 2004