    I set up my news server setting in thunderbird and get this error: A
    News(NNTP)error occurred: Authentication Failed.

    Server is news.cle.sbcglobal.net

    Mike..Ohio, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Mike..Ohio

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mike..Ohio wrote:

    > I set up my news server setting in thunderbird and get this error: A
    > News(NNTP)error occurred: Authentication Failed.
    >
    > Server is news.cle.sbcglobal.net

    Does sbc global require authentication to their news server? It may be
    as simple as using your proper ID. Have you asked sbcglobal about this?

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Mike..Ohio

    Mueen Nawaz Guest

    Mike..Ohio wrote:
    > I set up my news server setting in thunderbird and get this error: A
    > News(NNTP)error occurred: Authentication Failed.
    >
    > Server is news.cle.sbcglobal.net

    Is that for reading or sending?

    It's strange - I assumed SBC required authentication, and remember
    setting it in tin, but I just looked at my settings (no longer use SBC,
    but still have their account in TB), and there isn't any authentication
    there...

    --
    When an agnostic dies, does he go to the "great perhaps"?

    /\ /\ /\ /
    / \/ \ u e e n / \/ a w a z

    anl

    Mueen Nawaz, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Mike..Ohio

    Moz Champion Guest

    Mueen Nawaz wrote:

    > Mike..Ohio wrote:
    >
    >> I set up my news server setting in thunderbird and get this error: A
    >> News(NNTP)error occurred: Authentication Failed.
    >>
    >> Server is news.cle.sbcglobal.net

    > Is that for reading or sending?
    >
    > It's strange - I assumed SBC required authentication, and remember
    > setting it in tin, but I just looked at my settings (no longer use SBC,
    > but still have their account in TB), and there isn't any authentication
    > there...

    sbcglobal may limit their news server to their own customers

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Sep 16, 2004