    Thunderbird. Is there a settings change I can make so it operates more
    like IE in that respect?

    RogerB
    RogerB, Apr 1, 2005

  2. RogerB

    Moz Champion Guest

    RogerB wrote:
    > It doesn't take me long to accumulate 10 or more open windows in
    > Thunderbird. Is there a settings change I can make so it operates more
    > like IE in that respect?
    >
    > RogerB

    Thunderbird-->Preferences-->General
    Tools-->Options-->General
    Edit-->Preferences-->General

    Message Window Behaviour
    X Open new messages in existing window

    This display each message in the same pane of course, tho you can
    override that and open it in a new window if you wish.
    Moz Champion, Apr 1, 2005

  3. RogerB

    Justin Guest

    RogerB wrote on [Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:19:09 GMT]:
    > It doesn't take me long to accumulate 10 or more open windows in
    > Thunderbird. Is there a settings change I can make so it operates more
    > like IE in that respect?

    IE reads email now?
    Justin, Apr 1, 2005
  4. RogerB

    dcromley

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Solution (Thunderbird 17.0) :
    1) Make sure Tools/Options/ReadingandDisplay has
    "Open messages in 'A new Tab'".
    2) Close extra (or all) windows with Alt-F4.

    It's amazing how much BS there is on the internet.
    dcromley, Dec 5, 2012