    in settings "Mark all messages as read when exiting a newsgroup."

    Thanks.

    Joe S.
    JAS, Dec 26, 2004

  2. (On 12/26/2004 5:37 PM) JAS wrote:

    > I have just installed Firefox and Thunderbird.
    >
    > When using Thunderbird as my news reader, how do I:
    > -- Cause threads to show as threads? That is, as it is now, where there
    > are messages with replies, the original message and the replies show as
    > separate messages. I want the original message to show with a + sign
    > next to the original message -- when I click on the + I want the thread
    > to expand -- just like OE.

    View >> Sort by >> Threaded or click on the little discussion looking
    icon in the column headings, which is located left of the paper clip.

    > -- Mark all messages as read when exit a newsgroup? OE has this option
    > in settings "Mark all messages as read when exiting a newsgroup."

    That option doesn't exist in TB. You need to right click on the
    newsgroup and select "mark newsgroup read". There might be an extension
    to help with this, but I'm not familiar with one.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm
    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 27, 2004

  3. JAS

    Z Guest

    JAS wrote:
    > When using Thunderbird as my news reader, how do I:
    > -- Cause threads to show as threads? That is, as it is now, where there
    > are messages with replies, the original message and the replies show as
    > separate messages. I want the original message to show with a + sign
    > next to the original message -- when I click on the + I want the thread
    > to expand -- just like OE.

    View > Sort By > Threaded

    And to see just threads with unread messages:

    View > Threads > Threads With Unread
    Z, Dec 27, 2004