    able to click them open quickly or even simultaneously.

    I'll appreciate being guided to the proper settings.

    Thanks.

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Gualtier Malde

    gwtc Guest

    Gualtier Malde wrote:
    > I am sure I've seen where to set this, but can't find it: When looking
    > at the messages in a list, with the little preview window underneath,
    > double-clicking the message listing opens a new large window. I am used
    > to having a new window open for as many messages as I double-click, but
    > my Thunderbird opens the new info in the single window I had opened
    > previously.
    >
    > It's important because I will get messages commenting on a draft of a
    > newsletter, and I want to be able to have both the comments (or copy
    > submissions) on a Windows tab as well as my draft newsletter, and be
    > able to click them open quickly or even simultaneously.
    >
    > I'll appreciate being guided to the proper settings.
    >
    > Thanks.

    select the message then hit the enter key

    gwtc, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Gualtier Malde

    Miller Guest

    *Gualtier Malde* wrote on 05.03.06 20:20:
    > I am sure I've seen where to set this, but can't find it: When looking
    > at the messages in a list, with the little preview window underneath,
    > double-clicking the message listing opens a new large window. I am used
    > to having a new window open for as many messages as I double-click, but
    > my Thunderbird opens the new info in the single window I had opened
    > previously.

    You're looking for
    Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General -> "Open new messages in:
    [x] a new message window"

    bye, Miller

    Miller, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Miller wrote:
    > *Gualtier Malde* wrote on 05.03.06 20:20:
    >> I am sure I've seen where to set this, but can't find it: When looking
    >> at the messages in a list, with the little preview window underneath,
    >> double-clicking the message listing opens a new large window. I am used
    >> to having a new window open for as many messages as I double-click, but
    >> my Thunderbird opens the new info in the single window I had opened
    >> previously.

    > You're looking for
    > Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General -> "Open new messages in:
    > [x] a new message window"
    >
    > bye, Miller

    That worked (but you knew it would). I had stopped at "new". Turns out
    it works for all messages, whether read or now.

    Thank you.

    Chuck

    Gualtier Malde, Mar 5, 2006