Thunderbird, Mailwasher and multiple profiles

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by gabbot, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. gabbot

    gabbot Guest

    With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.

    I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
    the first TBird account I set up.

    From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
    icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
    through Mailwasher.

    Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    Mailwasher to recognize them?

    GA

    gabbot, Apr 25, 2006

  2. gabbot

    gwtc Guest

    gabbot wrote:

    > With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    > them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
    >
    > I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    > emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    > the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    > which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
    > the first TBird account I set up.
    >
    > From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
    > icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
    > through Mailwasher.
    >
    > Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    > Mailwasher to recognize them?
    >
    > GA

    you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
    http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher_Troubleshooting_General.html

    --
    Things to Ponder about: Why do people point to their wrist when asking
    for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the

    gwtc, Apr 25, 2006

  3. gabbot

    gabbot Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > gabbot wrote:
    >
    >> With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    >> them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
    >>
    >> I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    >> emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    >> the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    >> which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
    >> to the first TBird account I set up.
    >>
    >> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual
    >> TBird icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot
    >> do it through Mailwasher.
    >>
    >> Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    >> Mailwasher to recognize them?
    >>
    >> GA

    > you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
    > http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher_Troubleshooting_General.html

    I was over there and did a search but found nothing. So decided to try
    here first to see if anyone has run into the problem with multiple TBird
    profiles.

    GA

    --
    My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

    gabbot, Apr 25, 2006
  4. gabbot

    gwtc Guest

    gabbot wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>gabbot wrote:
    >>

    >>>With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    >>>them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
    >>>
    >>>I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    >>>emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    >>>the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    >>>which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
    >>>to the first TBird account I set up.
    >>>
    >>> From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual
    >>>TBird icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot
    >>>do it through Mailwasher.
    >>>
    >>>Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    >>>Mailwasher to recognize them?
    >>>
    >>>GA

    >>you might get better help in the mailwasher forums:
    >>http://castlecops.com/f50-Mailwasher_Troubleshooting_General.html
    >>

    > I was over there and did a search but found nothing. So decided to try
    > here first to see if anyone has run into the problem with multiple TBird
    > profiles.
    >
    > GA

    then post and ask

    gwtc, Apr 25, 2006
  5. gabbot wrote:

    > With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    > them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
    >
    > I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    > emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    > the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    > which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads
    > to the first TBird account I set up.
    >
    > From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
    > icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
    > through Mailwasher.
    >
    > Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    > Mailwasher to recognize them?
    >
    > GA

    I think it's in the T'bird profile manager , when you start it you
    should uncheck "don't ask at startup" so it will come up so you can
    choose wich profile to start.

    Peter.

    Peter Boerhof, Apr 25, 2006
  6. gabbot

    SteveG Guest

    gabbot wrote:
    > With Moz 1.7 I could have multiple profiles and Mailwasher recognized
    > them and would give me the option of which profile to download mail to.
    >
    > I set up three TBird profiles. When I open Mailwasher I get all the
    > emails on the server to my three accounts. If I clean up the emails on
    > the server (delete) and then process mail, I do not get a choice of
    > which accounts to download to, but Mailwasher automatically downloads to
    > the first TBird account I set up.
    >
    > From there I have to open each TBird account from the individual TBird
    > icon on my desktop to get mail for the other accounts. I cannot do it
    > through Mailwasher.
    >
    > Anyone use Mailwasher with multiple profiles in TB and how did you get
    > Mailwasher to recognize them?
    >
    > GA

    Unless I'm missing something here, what you are trying to achieve is a
    function of TB not Mailwasher - you need to set up filters to direct the
    incoming mail to the various accounts.

    At least that's what I've done. I'm using TB with Mailwasher and have 3
    accounts set-up in TB. My filters simply look at the email address in
    the To and CC fields and route them accordingly.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G