    when switching users. The only way out is to shut the program down in
    task manager. Can anyone help?
    Thanks

    News Man, Jul 23, 2005

  2. News Man

    Moz Champion Guest

    News Man wrote:
    > I need to switch users in Thunderbird, the program generally freezes
    > when switching users. The only way out is to shut the program down in
    > task manager. Can anyone help?
    > Thanks

    Switch users? Why?
    TB allows you to have multiple identities, each with its own settings,
    it also allows you to have multiple profiles (each user can have their
    own) to switch between.

    Could you perhaps explain what you mean a bit more?
    Whats a different 'user' in your view? You may just require another
    identity (account) or even another profile.

    Moz Champion, Jul 24, 2005

  3. News Man

    News Man Guest

    >News Man wrote:
    >> I need to switch users in Thunderbird, the program generally freezes
    >> when switching users. The only way out is to shut the program down in
    >> task manager. Can anyone help?
    >> Thanks

    >> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >> ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:28:12 GMT, Moz Champion
    > wrote:

    >Switch users? Why?
    >TB allows you to have multiple identities, each with its own settings,
    >it also allows you to have multiple profiles (each user can have their
    >own) to switch between.
    >
    >Could you perhaps explain what you mean a bit more?
    >Whats a different 'user' in your view? You may just require another
    >identity (account) or even another profile.

    Thanks for the reply Moz Champion.
    Sorry I didn't explain myself properly, That's exactly when it
    freezes, when I switch to another profile using the "profile manager".
    It does not freeze every time, but lets say 2 of 3 times.
    I'm running Win XP with 512 ram.

    News Man, Jul 25, 2005
  4. News Man

    Moz Champion Guest

    News Man wrote:
    >>News Man wrote:
    >>
    >>>I need to switch users in Thunderbird, the program generally freezes
    >>>when switching users. The only way out is to shut the program down in
    >>>task manager. Can anyone help?
    >>>Thanks

    >>>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
    >>>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    > On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:28:12 GMT, Moz Champion
    > > wrote:
    >

    >>Switch users? Why?
    >>TB allows you to have multiple identities, each with its own settings,
    >>it also allows you to have multiple profiles (each user can have their
    >>own) to switch between.
    >>
    >>Could you perhaps explain what you mean a bit more?
    >>Whats a different 'user' in your view? You may just require another
    >>identity (account) or even another profile.

    > Thanks for the reply Moz Champion.
    > Sorry I didn't explain myself properly, That's exactly when it
    > freezes, when I switch to another profile using the "profile manager".
    > It does not freeze every time, but lets say 2 of 3 times.
    > I'm running Win XP with 512 ram.

    > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups

    What version of Thunderbird are you using? What OS?

    Moz Champion, Jul 26, 2005