    I still have the folder with my old emails in them, can someone please
    tell me how to import them into Thunderbird?

    Thanks.
    Frank, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Frank

    Guest

    On Feb 16, 3:42 pm, Frank <> wrote:
    > My setup of the latest version of Thunderbird on XP inexplicably
    > wouldn't let me run it as normal, the profile manager came up and the
    > only way I could start it was making a new profile. Whatever profile I
    > was previously using was no longer listed in the profile manager.
    >
    > I still have the folder with my old emails in them, can someone please
    > tell me how to import them into Thunderbird?
    >
    > Thanks.

    you can do it one of two ways. You can use the profile manager, and
    have it point to the old profile.

    Or you can copy the file from the old over to the new.
    , Feb 16, 2007

  3. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Frank, Feb 17, 2007
  4. Frank

    Guest

    On Feb 16, 4:42 pm, Frank <> wrote:
    > > you can do it one of two ways. You can use the profile manager, and
    > > have it point to the old profile.

    > >> only way I could start it was making a new profile. Whatever
    > >> profile I was previously using was no longer listed in the
    > >> profile manager.

    Did you not understand what I said? Open the profile manager, and use
    the profile manager to POINT to the old profile. The profile is still
    there, is it not. It just not showing in the profile manager.
    Correct. Then use the profile manager and point it to that profile.
    , Feb 17, 2007
  5. Frank

    Frank Guest

    > Did you not understand what I said? Open the profile manager, and use
    > the profile manager to POINT to the old profile. The profile is still
    > there, is it not. It just not showing in the profile manager.
    > Correct. Then use the profile manager and point it to that profile.

    No, I didn't understand what you said, your message was pretty ambiguous.

    May have been a better idea to write "use the profile manager to point
    to the old profile files".

    And stop sending me the gay porn it's really annoying me.
    Frank, Feb 17, 2007
  6. Frank

    Guest

    On Feb 16, 11:54 pm, Frank <> wrote:
    > > Did you not understand what I said? Open the profile manager, and use
    > > the profile manager to POINT to the old profile. The profile is still
    > > there, is it not. It just not showing in the profile manager.
    > > Correct. Then use the profile manager and point it to that profile.

    > No, I didn't understand what you said, your message was pretty ambiguous.

    use your brain.

    > May have been a better idea to write "use the profile manager to point
    > to the old profile files".

    some people just love to complain about others

    > And stop sending me the gay porn it's really annoying me.

    , Feb 17, 2007
  7. Frank

    Guest Guest

    As you are beginning to find out, Thunderbird is a real turkey. Outlook
    Express is more stable, easier to understand, and has more features than
    Thunderbird. The best thing to do is uninstall Thunderbird now and not
    waste any more time on it.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2007