    but I think the public release would do the same.

    Any ideas?

    OS: Win XP SP2.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > Anyone else have the problem of Thunderbird loosing account settings?
    >

    > I've got like 6 accounts active in the program and it seems like it's
    > not keeping track of their settings well.
    >
    > Specifically the "Folders and Copies" setting as well as the "Junk Mail"
    > settings... I'll set it up to move junk mail to the junk folder, click
    > OK, then go back and the settings I just set are.. unset....
    >
    > This happens to me on not only the current "public" but also 2 beta 1.
    > This also happens on my wifes comp, which is also running the beta 1,
    > but I think the public release would do the same.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > OS: Win XP SP2.

    It may be a corrupt localstore.rdf file in the profile. This problem
    occurs more commonly in Firefox, but the symptoms are the same.
    Deleting the file will restore default settings, and subsequent
    customizations should stick.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Localstore.rdf

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 7, 2006

  3. On 12/07/2006 12:43 PM, Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > Anyone else have the problem of Thunderbird loosing account settings?
    >
    > [...]

    This is a possible solution:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    Mumia W. (reading news), Dec 8, 2006
  4. No such luck on this fix. I renamed the file and restarted TB, the issue
    was still there, as well as the account settings that stuck from before,
    so it's not the file I'm looking for.

    Perhaps there is another file that handles account info? Ideas?

    This would not be as big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that it's
    forgetting my setting on how to handle sent mail. I like to hold onto it
    (on all accounts), but it keeps forgetting what I set it to.

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > No such luck on this fix. I renamed the file and restarted TB, the issue
    > was still there, as well as the account settings that stuck from before,
    > so it's not the file I'm looking for.
    >
    > Perhaps there is another file that handles account info? Ideas?
    >

    > This would not be as big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that it's
    > forgetting my setting on how to handle sent mail. I like to hold onto it
    > (on all accounts), but it keeps forgetting what I set it to.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    >>> Anyone else have the problem of Thunderbird loosing account settings?
    >>>

    >>> I've got like 6 accounts active in the program and it seems like it's
    >>> not keeping track of their settings well.
    >>>
    >>> Specifically the "Folders and Copies" setting as well as the "Junk
    >>> Mail" settings... I'll set it up to move junk mail to the junk
    >>> folder, click OK, then go back and the settings I just set are..
    >>> unset....
    >>>
    >>> This happens to me on not only the current "public" but also 2 beta
    >>> 1. This also happens on my wifes comp, which is also running the beta
    >>> 1, but I think the public release would do the same.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> OS: Win XP SP2.

    >> It may be a corrupt localstore.rdf file in the profile. This problem
    >> occurs more commonly in Firefox, but the symptoms are the same.
    >> Deleting the file will restore default settings, and subsequent
    >> customizations should stick.
    >>
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Localstore.rdf
    >>
    >> Lee

    I don't know. Its not happening to me with either 2.0A1, or 1.5.0.8 on
    Mac OSX. I doubt the platform is an issue, but you never know.

    Note that there is not a release of 2.0beta yet. Those that identify
    themselves as such are nightly builds, which could be very buggy. When
    troubleshooting an issue like this, its best to stay with release builds.

    I suggest going back to 1.5.0.8, and testing there. Try in Safe Mode.
    You might also try creating a new profile, and seeing if it behaves.

    lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 8, 2006
  6. True, nightly builds are a bad thing, but it's been happening since
    1.5... Oh well, I'll just grin and bare it.

    OT: See you're an OSX user. My stepson just got a new Macbook Pro and
    I've been trying to help him get connected to the network. I'm not a mac
    person so I'm clueless.. Problem is, he can connect to the "network"
    itself, share files and such off my fileserver, but can not connect to
    the Internet itself.

    I'm thinking it's a DNS issue, but since I'm Mac clueless I have no idea
    how to run commands like ipconfig, tracert, heck.. even the Mac
    equivalent to ping.. Any chance you can point me in a direction? Or have
    Mac's gone beyond plain, boring text all together in favor of flippy
    images that grow when you mouse over... ;)

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 8, 2006
  7. Scott Hildenbrand wrote:
    > True, nightly builds are a bad thing, but it's been happening since
    > 1.5... Oh well, I'll just grin and bare it.
    >
    > OT: See you're an OSX user. My stepson just got a new Macbook Pro and
    > I've been trying to help him get connected to the network. I'm not a mac
    > person so I'm clueless.. Problem is, he can connect to the "network"
    > itself, share files and such off my fileserver, but can not connect to
    > the Internet itself.
    >
    > I'm thinking it's a DNS issue, but since I'm Mac clueless I have no idea
    > how to run commands like ipconfig, tracert, heck.. even the Mac
    > equivalent to ping.. Any chance you can point me in a direction? Or have
    > Mac's gone beyond plain, boring text all together in favor of flippy
    > images that grow when you mouse over... ;)
    >

    >> I don't know. Its not happening to me with either 2.0A1, or 1.5.0.8
    >> on Mac OSX. I doubt the platform is an issue, but you never know.
    >>
    >> Note that there is not a release of 2.0beta yet. Those that identify
    >> themselves as such are nightly builds, which could be very buggy.
    >> When troubleshooting an issue like this, its best to stay with release
    >> builds.
    >>
    >> I suggest going back to 1.5.0.8, and testing there. Try in Safe Mode.
    >> You might also try creating a new profile, and seeing if it behaves.
    >>
    >> lee

    To troubleshoot, try clicking Finder in the Dock, then in the Menu Bar:

    Go>>Utilities>>Network Utilities

    You should find your Mac diagnostics there.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 8, 2006
  8. On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:43:08 -0600, in alt.fan.mozilla, Scott
    Hildenbrand <"scott[dunspamme]"@fuzzywolf.com> wrote:

    >loosing

    Don't you just hate it when people mis-spell on (seemingly) *purpose*?

    HINT: you *wanted* to type "losing"
    <http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=losing&x=0&y=0>.

    --

    "The two most abundant things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
    - Harlan Ellison

    Manatee Memories, Dec 8, 2006
  9. Thanks for the help, Lee.. I ended up flashing my router with the latest
    firmware and that seems to have done the trick.

    Thanks again! :)

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 10, 2006