thunderbird load won't rss webpage

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by GFS, Nov 26, 2006.

  1. GFS

    GFS Guest

    GFS, Nov 26, 2006

  2. GFS wrote:

    > I can't get Thunderbird to load rss as web pages since adding a few more
    > sites. It worked great in the beginning and I have tried resetting the
    > load summary switch to no avail...Help!

    Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
    feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
    account, or multiple RSS accounts?

    Off the top of my head, check the View settings:

    View>>Message Body As

    Set it to Original HTML.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 26, 2006

  3. GFS

    GFS Guest

    They are all xml feeds, all 5 have the same settings, however 1 loads
    the web pages while the others only load the summary. My guess is the
    one that loads doesn't offer a summary?

    http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Education.xml
    http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/index.xml (LOADS FINE)
    http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss (Started Loading Fine)
    http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/education/rss.xml
    (Started Loading Fine)
    http://www.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml

    When I originally posted only one feed (BoardBuzz) would load, now there
    are two more and I still have no explanation.

    GFS, Nov 27, 2006
  4. GFS wrote:

    > They are all xml feeds, all 5 have the same settings, however 1 loads
    > the web pages while the others only load the summary. My guess is the
    > one that loads doesn't offer a summary?
    >
    > http://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/nyt/Education.xml
    > http://boardbuzz.nsba.org/index.xml (LOADS FINE)
    > http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_education.rss (Started Loading Fine)
    > http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/education/rss.xml
    > (Started Loading Fine)
    > http://www.ed.gov/rss/edgov.xml
    >
    > When I originally posted only one feed (BoardBuzz) would load, now there
    > are two more and I still have no explanation.
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> GFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> I can't get Thunderbird to load rss as web pages since adding a few more
    >>> sites. It worked great in the beginning and I have tried resetting the
    >>> load summary switch to no avail...Help!

    >> Its going to be hard to help without more information. Are these new
    >> feeds, or existing feeds that used to work? Are the feeds all in one
    >> account, or multiple RSS accounts?
    >>
    >> Off the top of my head, check the View settings:
    >>
    >> View>>Message Body As
    >>
    >> Set it to Original HTML.
    >>
    >> Lee

    Well, the NYT site is going to have cookie problems, though there are
    ways around that. The BBC site is coming up fine here, as is ed.gov.

    I suggest setting up a new rss account, and resubscribing to the feeds.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Nov 27, 2006
  5. GFS

    GFS Guest

    This is strange the way they decide to work, but where only one
    originally worked now only the edd.gov is failing. Will try creating a
    new account for it in a bit.

    Thanks for your time.

    GFS, Nov 27, 2006
  6. GFS

    GFS Guest

    Well deleted the feed and create a new one where the old articles shown
    up with new duplicates. The old articles still came up as summary's
    only, but the new ones worked fine.

    Hrmmmnnnnnnn.... Guess I'm good now.
    Thanks again.
    George