    Is there any obscure setting in TB that will force it NOT to open
    webpages automatically when I click on a link?
    kk

    yogi22, Nov 4, 2007

  2. yogi22 wrote:
    > As I sift through my RSS and newsgroup emails in TB, when I click on
    > links, my preferred behaviour is for the page to load in background so
    > I can continue working through the pile of emails. This is what
    > happens until the first time that I decide to check out a linked
    > webpage.
    >
    > However, once that happens, from that point on, every time I click on
    > a link in an email, Firefox comes to the front, and I have to alt-tab
    > my way back to the message to continue reading it.
    >
    > Is there any obscure setting in TB that will force it NOT to open
    > webpages automatically when I click on a link?
    > kk

    its not a TB problem but a FF one or a windows one. I don't
    know if this will work, but try it anyways: in the address
    bar of FF type in about:config and look for this entry:

    browser.tabs.loadInBackground

    once found, double click on it and change it to true.

    If thats not it, then look for:

    browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground

    and change that one to true. If that doesn't work, then I
    don't know what the settings would be.

    disregarded!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Nov 4, 2007

  3. yogi22

    yogi22 Guest

    On Nov 4, 1:39 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote:
    > yogi22 wrote:
    > > As I sift through my RSS and newsgroup emails in TB, when I click on
    > > links, my preferred behaviour is for the page to load in background so
    > > I can continue working through the pile of emails. This is what
    > > happens until the first time that I decide to check out a linked
    > > webpage.

    > > However, once that happens, from that point on, every time I click on
    > > a link in an email, Firefox comes to the front, and I have to alt-tab
    > > my way back to the message to continue reading it.

    > > Is there any obscure setting in TB that will force it NOT to open
    > > webpages automatically when I click on a link?
    > > kk

    > its not a TB problem but a FF one or a windows one. I don't
    > know if this will work, but try it anyways: in the address
    > bar of FF type in about:config and look for this entry:
    >
    > browser.tabs.loadInBackground
    >
    > once found, double click on it and change it to true.
    >
    > If thats not it, then look for:
    >
    > browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground
    >
    > and change that one to true. If that doesn't work, then I
    > don't know what the settings would be.

    The first one was already True (probably as a result of a selection in
    TabMixPlus)
    The second one was False
    I changed it to True
    It worked! (at least on the first few tests. if i have further issues,
    I'll let you know).

    Thank you, Peter.
    kk

    yogi22, Nov 4, 2007