    Firefox.

    I use both browsers but IE is my preference right now.

    Is that possible?
    RogerB, Oct 4, 2006

  2. RogerB wrote:
    > I would like to be able to click on a link in a Thunderbird email and
    > have it open in Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 3) rather than the default to
    > Firefox.
    >
    > I use both browsers but IE is my preference right now.
    >
    > Is that possible?

    Thunderbird is a standalone application, it has no way of detecting the
    existence of Firefox on your system.

    All it does is call on your system's default browser to execute a link.
    Set IE as your default browser, and links in TB will open IE.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2006

  3. RogerB

    RogerB Guest

    Done. Thanks, Lee.
    Roger

    RogerB, Oct 4, 2006
  4. RogerB wrote:
    > Done. Thanks, Lee.
    > Roger
    >
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> RogerB wrote:
    >>> I would like to be able to click on a link in a Thunderbird email and
    >>> have it open in Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 3) rather than the default
    >>> to Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> I use both browsers but IE is my preference right now.
    >>>
    >>> Is that possible?

    >> Thunderbird is a standalone application, it has no way of detecting
    >> the existence of Firefox on your system.
    >>
    >> All it does is call on your system's default browser to execute a
    >> link. Set IE as your default browser, and links in TB will open IE.
    >>
    >> Lee

    I'm glad its working!

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2006
  5. On 2006-10-04, RogerB <> wrote:

    > I would like to be able to click on a link in a Thunderbird email and
    > have it open in Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 3) rather than the default to
    > Firefox.
    >
    > I use both browsers but IE is my preference right now.
    >
    > Is that possible?

    Sure. Open the Preferences (or maybe Options on Windows) dialog and
    click the "Config Editor" button. In the "Filter" field of the Config
    window, type "network.protocol-handler.app.http" and two entries should
    be displayed:

    network.protocol-handler.app.http
    network.protocol-handler.app.https

    Right click on each one, select "Modify" and enter "iexplore.exe" in the
    text field.

    Close the Config dialog, and you're done.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Oct 4, 2006
  6. John Thompson wrote:
    > On 2006-10-04, RogerB <> wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to be able to click on a link in a Thunderbird email and
    >> have it open in Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 3) rather than the default to
    >> Firefox.
    >>
    >> I use both browsers but IE is my preference right now.
    >>
    >> Is that possible?

    > Sure. Open the Preferences (or maybe Options on Windows) dialog and
    > click the "Config Editor" button. In the "Filter" field of the Config
    > window, type "network.protocol-handler.app.http" and two entries should
    > be displayed:
    >
    > network.protocol-handler.app.http
    > network.protocol-handler.app.https
    >
    > Right click on each one, select "Modify" and enter "iexplore.exe" in the
    > text field.
    >
    > Close the Config dialog, and you're done.

    Neither of those prefs exists in TB by default at least on Mac, and I
    think on Windows. They would have to be added.

    I googled network.protocol-handler.app.http, and every reference I saw
    was to Linux. I don't know if adding the prefs and setting them would
    work on Windows, though I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 4, 2006