    Thanks.

    And thanks to everyone who has worked on this program! I'm starting
    to like it a lot.
    Jive Dadson, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Le 26/04/2005 03:20, Jive Dadson a écrit :
    > Do I have to do anything specific in order to train the Thunderbird
    > junk mail filter? Or is it sufficient just to mark email with the
    > "junk" or "not junk" button when Thunderbird miscategorizes
    > something? The sparse notes on the Help web page are not clear
    > (passive-verbitis).
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > And thanks to everyone who has worked on this program! I'm starting
    > to like it a lot.

    Select all your current good mail and mark it as "not junk", it will
    speeed up the learning process.

    Pascal
    Pascal Chevrel, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Jive Dadson

    Jive Dadson Guest

    "Pascal Chevrel" <> wrote in message
    > Le 26/04/2005 03:20, Jive Dadson a écrit :
    > > Do I have to do anything specific in order to train the

    Thunderbird
    > > junk mail filter? Or is it sufficient just to mark email with

    the
    > > "junk" or "not junk" button when Thunderbird miscategorizes
    > > something? The sparse notes on the Help web page are not clear
    > > (passive-verbitis).
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > And thanks to everyone who has worked on this program! I'm

    starting
    > > to like it a lot.

    > Select all your current good mail and mark it as "not junk", it

    will
    > speeed up the learning process.
    >
    > Pascal

    I am marking everything correctly that is marked wrong to begin
    with. Is that all I have to do? Do I have to hit some "train"
    button somewhere? Better yet, can someone explain when and how
    Thunderbird trains?

    Thanks
    Jive Dadson, Apr 26, 2005
  4. On 2005-04-26, Jive Dadson <> wrote:

    > I am marking everything correctly that is marked wrong to begin
    > with. Is that all I have to do? Do I have to hit some "train"
    > button somewhere? Better yet, can someone explain when and how
    > Thunderbird trains?

    No; that's all you have to do. When you select "Junk" or "not Junk" for a
    given message, it is automatically updated as such in the training file.

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Jive Dadson

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Jive Dadson wrote:

    > "Pascal Chevrel" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Le 26/04/2005 03:20, Jive Dadson a écrit :
    >>
    >>>Do I have to do anything specific in order to train the

    > Thunderbird
    >
    >>>junk mail filter? Or is it sufficient just to mark email with

    > the
    >
    >>>"junk" or "not junk" button when Thunderbird miscategorizes
    >>>something? The sparse notes on the Help web page are not clear
    >>>(passive-verbitis).
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>
    >>>And thanks to everyone who has worked on this program! I'm

    > starting
    >
    >>>to like it a lot.

    >>Select all your current good mail and mark it as "not junk", it

    > will
    >
    >>speeed up the learning process.
    >>
    >>Pascal

    > I am marking everything correctly that is marked wrong to begin
    > with. Is that all I have to do? Do I have to hit some "train"
    > button somewhere? Better yet, can someone explain when and how
    > Thunderbird trains?
    >
    > Thanks

    This page has links to detailed info on the Junk Mail Controls:

    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_jmc.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net