    w pi±tki: http://masakrytyczna.up.pl gg://4515266
    czasami: http://www.ru.abc.pl
    teraz: Winamp off

    uerbe, May 20, 2005

  2. uerbe

    Tony Raven Guest

    uerbe wrote:
    > Well, I haven't experienced it earlier (though I've heard it's a common
    > problem since the 0.9 version) - I get a "the folder is being processed"
    > dialog at startup, and, unfortunately, that's the only thing I get - the
    > mail either does not arrive at all or after some (usually long) period
    > of time. I thought it might be a matter of my e-mail account but I
    > don't find the on-line access difficult. Does the problem have any
    > solution?
    > The whole profile's been restored with MozBackup recently, it stays on
    > c: but I moved the Mail and News folders on d:, for the reason of them
    > occupying a bit too much space (news offline).
    >
    > Thanks in advandce for any piece of advice. Regards,

    How big is the Inbox file size (C:\Documents and Settings\<User
    Name>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile Name>\Mail)

    Try the following. Create a Folder Inbox Temp and move all your inbox
    messages to it. Close Tbird. Locate the Inbox file and rename it
    InboxOld and rename the file Inbox.msf to InboxOld.msf. Open Tbird. It
    will create a new Inbox folder. Copy all your messages back from Inbox
    Temp to Inbox. Check that all is well and then you can delete the
    folders Inbox Temp and InboxOld.

    It happens because the Compact Folder option does not work so all you
    deleted messages are still stored in the Inbox but invisible.
    Eventually it gets to a size where for some reason it rebuilds the
    Summary File each time which can take ages. It is supposed to be being
    fixed in the next release.

    --
    Tony

    "A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
    Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

    Tony Raven, May 21, 2005

  3. uerbe

    uerbe Guest

    W porze nader osobliwej, bo 2005-05-21 23:04 zjawi³(a) siê u mnie Tony
    Raven, z miejsca zarzucaj±c mnie takimi oto pretensjami:

    > How big is the Inbox file size (C:\Documents and Settings\<User
    > Name>\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile Name>\Mail)

    Circa 30MB... actually, it is not located within the very TBird profile
    - as I read news offline, the news folders grow large... I moved the
    mail folder as well.

    > Try the following. Create a Folder Inbox Temp and move all your inbox
    > messages to it. Close Tbird. Locate the Inbox file and rename it
    > InboxOld and rename the file Inbox.msf to InboxOld.msf. Open Tbird. It
    > will create a new Inbox folder. Copy all your messages back from Inbox
    > Temp to Inbox. Check that all is well and then you can delete the
    > folders Inbox Temp and InboxOld.

    Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

    > ...It is supposed to be being
    > fixed in the next release.