    my main computer to download. Any suggestions?
    Thankis,

    , Dec 2, 2005

  2. gwtc Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi
    > I think I have a very corrupted file in my inbox. Everytime a
    > download of emails on the mail server starts, I get an error message
    > and it hangs on at the exact email. I have now downloaded all my
    > email on another computer so the mail server is empty. But I can't get
    > my main computer to download. Any suggestions?
    > Thankis,

    I don't know which program you're using, but here's what you do.
    Close the program, locate your profile, and delete the *.msf files in
    the mail section.

    If you're using Mozilla see this to locate your profile:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

    If you're using Thunderbird, then see this to locate your profile:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, and
    you have to unhide window files. To do that read this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp

    Your profile is where all your mail, newsgroups, preferences,
    passwords, etc are stored.

    gwtc, Dec 2, 2005