thunderbird image problem

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by sf, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. sf

    sf Guest

    Images sent from Eudora to Thunderbird are not arriving as sent.
    Apparently the two clients are not communicating correctly. Images
    arrive as "Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ebb7a0.jpg"

    My friend says: "According to the specification, your client is
    telling mine that it is a raw data file, not a picture, so my client
    is supposed to treat it as such".

    Is this common? He says it has to be a known bug.

    I also posted this problem to the Eudora group, but so far haven't
    gotten an answer.

    TIA
    sf, Jun 16, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. sf wrote:
    >
    > Images sent from Eudora to Thunderbird are not arriving as sent.
    > Apparently the two clients are not communicating correctly. Images
    > arrive as "Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ebb7a0.jpg"
    >
    > My friend says: "According to the specification, your client is
    > telling mine that it is a raw data file, not a picture, so my client
    > is supposed to treat it as such".
    >
    > Is this common? He says it has to be a known bug.
    >
    > I also posted this problem to the Eudora group, but so far haven't
    > gotten an answer.
    >
    > TIA


    Exactly! "application/octet-stream" means
    raw data file
    or
    unknown
    or
    I dont know what this is

    A file must be sent with the correct content type. And
    application/octet-stream is NOT a correct content type.
    MC (temp) Dan (no email), Jun 17, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 03:10:42 GMT, MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:
    >
    > sf wrote:
    > >
    > > Images sent from Eudora to Thunderbird are not arriving as sent.
    > > Apparently the two clients are not communicating correctly. Images
    > > arrive as "Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ebb7a0.jpg"
    > >
    > > My friend says: "According to the specification, your client is
    > > telling mine that it is a raw data file, not a picture, so my client
    > > is supposed to treat it as such".
    > >
    > > Is this common? He says it has to be a known bug.
    > >
    > > I also posted this problem to the Eudora group, but so far haven't
    > > gotten an answer.
    > >
    > > TIA

    >
    > Exactly! "application/octet-stream" means
    > raw data file
    > or
    > unknown
    > or
    > I dont know what this is
    >
    > A file must be sent with the correct content type. And
    > application/octet-stream is NOT a correct content type.
    >

    I GET IT. The problem is that the image IS sent properly and he's the
    only one of a list of recipients with a receiving problem. It's not a
    single shot deal, it's all the time. Why does it arrive everywhere
    else just fine, but not at his email?

    Do you have an answer or are you just going to repeat what I said?
    sf, Jun 17, 2006
    #3
  4. sf

    gwtc Guest

    sf wrote:

    > On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 03:10:42 GMT, MC (temp) Dan (no email) wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> sf wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Images sent from Eudora to Thunderbird are not arriving as sent.
    >> > Apparently the two clients are not communicating correctly. Images
    >> > arrive as "Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ebb7a0.jpg"
    >> >
    >> > My friend says: "According to the specification, your client is
    >> > telling mine that it is a raw data file, not a picture, so my client
    >> > is supposed to treat it as such".
    >> >
    >> > Is this common? He says it has to be a known bug.
    >> >
    >> > I also posted this problem to the Eudora group, but so far haven't
    >> > gotten an answer.
    >> >
    >> > TIA

    >>
    >> Exactly! "application/octet-stream" means
    >> raw data file
    >> or
    >> unknown
    >> or
    >> I dont know what this is
    >>
    >> A file must be sent with the correct content type. And
    >> application/octet-stream is NOT a correct content type.
    >>

    >
    > I GET IT. The problem is that the image IS sent properly and he's the
    > only one of a list of recipients with a receiving problem. It's not a
    > single shot deal, it's all the time. Why does it arrive everywhere
    > else just fine, but not at his email?
    >
    > Do you have an answer or are you just going to repeat what I said?

    Try this: maybe you're not the one with the problem. Maybe he's the
    one that's got the problem. If everyone is receiving the pics with no
    problems except for one, then he's the one thats got the problem and
    HE should be here asking for help. Or, if he's using an MS product,
    then maybe he should be asking in the MS newsgroups.

    --
    Funny Things To Do in An Elevator: Tip #2: Grimace painfully while
    smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, dammit! All of you
    just shut UP!"
    gwtc, Jun 17, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mapmaker
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,027
    Leonidas Jones
    Mar 5, 2005
  2. Bobby Fischler
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    782
    Peter
    Aug 19, 2004
  3. mutu
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    10,315
    ┬░Mike┬░
    May 1, 2005
  4. Desmond
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    844
    Bob D.
    Sep 27, 2003
  5. attila001122
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,105
    attila001122
    Jun 6, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page