    How can I make Thunderbirda not to touch C:\ drive, but use P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles instead?

    Best reagrds
    PD

    Pawel Debski, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Pawel Debski

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/email/portable_thunderbird

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 3, 2006

  3. Pawel Debski

    Pawel Debski Guest

    >> Folks,
    >>
    >> In my system flash card is visible as drive P:\
    >>
    >> I have installed Thunderbird on P:\Programs\Mozilla\Thunderbird to be able to detach the card go to the other machine that is connected to the Internet, attach it there, download my mail via POP3 and than come back to my (disconnected) machine and read it.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately Thunderbird keeps my profile in C:\Documents and Settings\pdebski\Application Data\Thunderbird. I have moved tha content of this directory to P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles.
    >>
    >> How can I make Thunderbirda not to touch C:\ drive, but use P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles instead?
    >>

    > http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/email/portable_thunderbird

    Thanks Ed. That's what I was looking for. I have also found another solution:

    thunderbird -profile "P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles\Profiles\l5lp7bhh.default"

    In my opinion it should even be better since "protable" version will inevitably lag behind the standard version. Or is it also a part of mainstream development?

    What's your opinion?

    Best regards
    PD

    Pawel Debski, Feb 3, 2006
  4. Pawel Debski

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pawel Debski wrote:
    >>> Folks,
    >>>
    >>> In my system flash card is visible as drive P:\
    >>>
    >>> I have installed Thunderbird on P:\Programs\Mozilla\Thunderbird to be able to detach the card go to the other machine that is connected to the Internet, attach it there, download my mail via POP3 and than come back to my (disconnected) machine and read it.
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately Thunderbird keeps my profile in C:\Documents and Settings\pdebski\Application Data\Thunderbird. I have moved tha content of this directory to P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles.
    >>>
    >>> How can I make Thunderbirda not to touch C:\ drive, but use P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles instead?
    >>>

    >> http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/email/portable_thunderbird
    >>

    > Thanks Ed. That's what I was looking for. I have also found another solution:
    >
    > thunderbird -profile "P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles\Profiles\l5lp7bhh.default"
    >
    > In my opinion it should even be better since "protable" version will inevitably lag behind the standard version. Or is it also a part of mainstream development?
    >
    > What's your opinion?
    >
    > Best regards
    > PD

    It's not put out by Mozilla Org but, rather, packaged by an individual.
    So, it will lag a little bit but I don't think by too much. The
    advantage of the Portable version is that you can use it on any computer
    even if it doesn't have TB installed.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 4, 2006
  5. Pawel Debski wrote:
    >>> Folks,
    >>>
    >>> In my system flash card is visible as drive P:\
    >>>
    >>> I have installed Thunderbird on P:\Programs\Mozilla\Thunderbird to be able to detach the card go to the other machine that is connected to the Internet, attach it there, download my mail via POP3 and than come back to my (disconnected) machine and read it.
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately Thunderbird keeps my profile in C:\Documents and Settings\pdebski\Application Data\Thunderbird. I have moved tha content of this directory to P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles.
    >>>
    >>> How can I make Thunderbirda not to touch C:\ drive, but use P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles instead?
    >>>

    >> http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/email/portable_thunderbird
    >>

    > Thanks Ed. That's what I was looking for. I have also found another solution:
    >
    > thunderbird -profile "P:\Programs\Mozilla\MailProfiles\Profiles\l5lp7bhh.default"
    >
    > In my opinion it should even be better since "protable" version will inevitably lag behind the standard version. Or is it also a part of mainstream development?
    >
    > What's your opinion?
    >
    > Best regards
    > PD

    John updated pretty regularly. TB seems to be lagging a little behind.
    If you install the 1,5 RC1 he offers, and run it on your home machine,
    it will auto update to 1.5 final.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 4, 2006
  6. Pawel Debski

    Pawel Debski Guest

    > John updated pretty regularly. TB seems to be lagging a little behind.
    > If you install the 1,5 RC1 he offers, and run it on your home machine,
    > it will auto update to 1.5 final.

    Done it. Works. I am now enthusiastic about Portable TB.

    Many thanks to John T. Haller and the whole Mozilla team. Anyone who'd be passing by Poland is invited for a beer.

    PD

    Pawel Debski, Feb 4, 2006