    I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

    With thanks,
    Alex

    Alex, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Alex

    Grinder Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
    > installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my mail.
    > I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what directory it
    > is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in. That way I
    > wouldn't loose all the mail.
    > I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.

    This should help:

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Backing_Up_and_Restoring

    Grinder, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Alex

    slacK_ Guest

    Alex wrote:

    > I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
    > installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my mail.
    > I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what directory it
    > is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in. That way I
    > wouldn't loose all the mail.
    > I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.
    >
    > With thanks,
    > Alex

    Yes I would really like a one button way to backup all your mail but
    there is an easy way. All you have to do is backup your Profiles
    directory in your Documents folder. It's in different places on
    different os's. Here is a list of all the directory's for each OS you
    can have.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Profile_folder

    slacK_, Jul 29, 2004
  4. slacK_ wrote:

    > Alex wrote:
    >
    >> I'm going to upgrade my computer and therefore there will be a fresh
    >> installation of the operating system. I really need to save all my
    >> mail. I can't find any formal button to do it but if I knew what
    >> directory it is saved in I could back it up and than bring it back in.
    >> That way I wouldn't loose all the mail.
    >> I would really appreciate if someone could help me here.
    >>
    >> With thanks,
    >> Alex

    > Yes I would really like a one button way to backup all your mail but
    > there is an easy way. All you have to do is backup your Profiles
    > directory in your Documents folder. It's in different places on
    > different os's. Here is a list of all the directory's for each OS you
    > can have.
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Profile_folder

    Another resource:

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html