    searched on google and played around with settings but have struck out
    so far.

    I am using Thunderbird 0.7.3, and Hotmail Popper 2.1.1.

    Henry, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Henry

    Kai de Leeuw Guest

    Henry wrote:
    > Maybe I'm being retarded, but I could use some advice from people
    > using Thunderbird with Hotmail Popper. I got T-bird to download my
    > Hotmail messages, only no copies were left in the actual hotmail
    > account. This was never a problem with Outlook Express. OE would
    > just copy messages from hotmail, not move them completely. If
    > possible, I'd like to continue using T-bird, but if I can't retain my
    > messages in Hotmail (so that I can use normal web access also), then
    > I'll have to go back to OE. Any tips on this are appreciated. I've
    > searched on google and played around with settings but have struck out
    > so far.
    >
    > I am using Thunderbird 0.7.3, and Hotmail Popper 2.1.1.

    I would swap to freepops.sourceforge.net if I was you. It handles more
    email providers than just hotmail. Other than that, have you tried to
    check the box "leave on server"?

    As for OE, the access to hotmail from there is a proprietary HTTP
    protocol that reads the contents of your mailbox. It is not like POP
    or anything. It doesn't copy.

    You can set up OE to read the mail like Thunderbird does with Hotmail
    Popper. If will still delete the emails so it is Hotmail Poppers that is
    to blame as you can configure the email client to not do delete POPed
    emails. It is up to HP to obey that or not.

    Kai de Leeuw, Sep 11, 2004