Thunderbird Group List Question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by heim, Dec 23, 2004.

  1. heim

    heim Guest

    Am using W2000 SP4 and TB Ver 1.0.

    I have created 4 group lists which are in my address book. Assume a
    contact in one of the 4 groups forwards an email message to me and I
    want to forward it to all members in the 4 groups; however, I want to
    exclude or preclude the orginal sender from getting a copy. Tried
    puttering around with the address book and contact list to no avail.
    How does one forward the message to all the users, without forwarding
    the message to the initial sender?

    When I used Pegasus Mail, one had to insert a semilcolon in the
    distribution list in front of the initial sender's name and it looked
    like this: ;. When in the Write mode of creating an
    email I tried that trick with my Email List for the group to see if it
    would work. Not successful because the mail arrived in my inbox.

    I have posted this on the TB Support Forum and have read other similar
    posts in that Forum asking the similar question. It appears to me, that
    having the capability to do something like the Pegasus trick is very
    convenient and beneficial, although one has to remember after making the
    change that they have to remove the ";" from the recipient's name prior
    to forwarding or initiating another message.

    Anyone have a solution or work around?

    Thanks,
    Steve

    heim, Dec 23, 2004

  2. heim

    Moz Champion Guest

    heim wrote:

    > Am using W2000 SP4 and TB Ver 1.0.
    >
    > I have created 4 group lists which are in my address book. Assume a
    > contact in one of the 4 groups forwards an email message to me and I
    > want to forward it to all members in the 4 groups; however, I want to
    > exclude or preclude the orginal sender from getting a copy. Tried
    > puttering around with the address book and contact list to no avail. How
    > does one forward the message to all the users, without forwarding the
    > message to the initial sender?
    >
    > When I used Pegasus Mail, one had to insert a semilcolon in the
    > distribution list in front of the initial sender's name and it looked
    > like this: ;. When in the Write mode of creating an
    > email I tried that trick with my Email List for the group to see if it
    > would work. Not successful because the mail arrived in my inbox.
    >
    > I have posted this on the TB Support Forum and have read other similar
    > posts in that Forum asking the similar question. It appears to me, that
    > having the capability to do something like the Pegasus trick is very
    > convenient and beneficial, although one has to remember after making the
    > change that they have to remove the ";" from the recipient's name prior
    > to forwarding or initiating another message.
    >
    > Anyone have a solution or work around?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

    Perhaps you might think of placing a request for enhancement post on one
    of the mozilla user groups and having it discussed. Then you could gauge
    other user attitudes towards the inclusion of such at least, and decide
    if a formal request for enhancement is dictated or not.

    Sorry, cant think of a work around at this point.
    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

    Moz Champion, Dec 23, 2004