    I'd appreciate any advice as to options. I need to do something and calling
    comcast is not getting me anywhere. Using both outlook and TB at the same
    time is not very efficient.

    Nate Rosenthal, Mar 19, 2008

  2. *Nate Rosenthal* wrote:
    > Lately, I have been having some issues with outlook, where I can't send
    > emails. They sit in the outbox. I was having this same problem with
    > Outlook Express and Thunderbird, but by changing the port for the outgoing
    > server, I seemed to have resolved that problem in OE and TB. Not so on
    > Outlook. I know I am not alone in this. BTW my ISP is Comcast.
    >
    > I am a headhunter and use Outlook for my business. Some of the features
    > make it quite useful as a database. For example, I can edit and annotate
    > cover letters with notes. There are multiple stationeries that I can choose
    > from for sending standardized emails. There is also a resend function in
    > Outlook that is quite coinvenient. Most important is that there is a backup
    > add-on. I have thousands of resumes and need to back them up a lot.
    >
    > I am guessing that others have made the switch from outlook to TB and before
    > I make a massive switch I want to know if these features are available with
    > Thunderbird. I also want to know how difficult the import process would be,
    > as I have an extensive folder system already set up in outlook and want to
    > bring it over. How does the stationery work in TB.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any advice as to options. I need to do something and calling
    > comcast is not getting me anywhere. Using both outlook and TB at the same
    > time is not very efficient.

    Having read all this and thinking about it (as a non-native english speaking)
    i would suggest to you to stay with outlook an solve your problem with the
    SMTP.
    You can compare TB with OExpress, but not with Outlook. Although there
    are thousands of AddOns for TB to extend its functions, it will never(?)
    have the "integrity" and functions of outlook; esp. working with exchange-servers
    and unified messaging. [correct me if i'm wrong!]
    TB is a *very* good Freeware-Mail&News-Client (IMO way better than OE)
    but *not* a PIM like Outlook. [not *yet* ! ;-) ]

    HTH, M.

    --
    http://www.eXtraPunk.de
    http://www.dWb-Clan.tk

    Burkhard Müller, Mar 20, 2008

  3. I appreciate that, which is precisely why I don't want to move away from
    outlook. Tht said, my ISP is not being very helpful.

    Nate Rosenthal, Mar 20, 2008