    return to the first group and it's already forgotten I've read it and
    every entry is bold font again.

    Any ideas?
    Doctor Shifty, Sep 7, 2008

  2. Doctor Shifty wrote:
    > Thunderbird has decided to forget things.
    >
    > It forgets that I am subscribed to certain groups. Even though they are
    > listed in the index window to the left I click on one and it asks me if
    > I want to subscribe.
    >
    > It also forgets that I have read them or marked the newsgroup as read. I
    > read one group, mark it as read, go to the next group and do the same,
    > return to the first group and it's already forgotten I've read it and
    > every entry is bold font again.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    yup, its a known problem when you click on a news link
    for that server, it will try to set up another one,
    when you've already got one. So, when you click on a
    newsgroup, it will constantly ask you because it thinks
    its new.

    The read and unread problem is another thing, but
    following the instructions below will fix it.

    To fix the problem, remove the news server. Close TB,
    then look in the News section of the TB profile, and
    remove any left over files and folders for that server.
    Now, open the prefs.js file and remove any entries for
    the news server. Restart TB, and re-do the server.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 7, 2008

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 7, 2008