    of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name. This is
    the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    TIA

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    > opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the number
    > of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name. This is
    > the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    there is an extension called mheney or similar. it does it.
    It also gives a heap of other things too.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    >> opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the
    >> number of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name.
    >> This is the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    > there is an extension called mheney or similar. it does it.
    > It also gives a heap of other things too.

    heh, I have it installed, it's called "Mnenhy"

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 30/09/2004 13:54:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >>> IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    >>> opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the
    >>> number of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name.
    >>> This is the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    >> there is an extension called mheney or similar. it does it.
    >> It also gives a heap of other things too.

    > heh, I have it installed, it's called "Mnenhy"

    How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    Collector-NZ, Sep 30, 2004
  5. Collector-NZ wrote:
    >> heh, I have it installed, it's called "Mnenhy"

    > How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Chris Mayhew

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 30/09/2004 15:50:
    > Collector-NZ wrote:
    >
    >>> heh, I have it installed, it's called "Mnenhy"

    >> How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    > dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???

    mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    folder contents.

    Collector-NZ, Sep 30, 2004
  7. Collector-NZ wrote:
    >>> How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    >> dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???

    > mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    > folder contents.

    even if you pull the side window a bit wider?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 30, 2004
  8. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 30/09/2004 15:50:

    >>> How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    >> dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???
    >>

    > mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    > folder contents.

    Mine too - for the news at least - nothing for the email folders though.
    I downloaded the *.xpi manually and then installed it, if that make
    any difference (to what the dedault settings might be)

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 30, 2004
  9. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 30/09/2004 15:50:

    >>> How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    >> dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???
    >>

    > mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    > folder contents.

    Mine too - for the news at least - nothing for the email folders though.
    I downloaded the *.xpi manually and then installed it, if that make
    any difference (to what the dedault settings might be).

    All the same, it looks like a great extention, so thanks Dave. I shall
    play some more (with the extenion, not my twanger, lol )

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 30, 2004
  10. In article <415b6668$> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep
    2004 13:50:31 +1200, Chris Mayhew <> says...
    > IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    > opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the number
    > of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name. This is
    > the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    You need to view the Totals column. Like Outlook, the unread message
    number will appear in brackets immediately after the folder name. The
    totals column will show the total messages in each folder.

    In Mozilla based apps, there is usually a little button right above the
    vertical scrollbar that gives you a menu with the column names on it.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  11. In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    13:54:03 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz>
    says...
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > > IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    > > opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the number
    > > of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name. This is
    > > the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    > there is an extension called mheney or similar. it does it.
    > It also gives a heap of other things too.

    It's not required. I don't have any extensions installed.

    All you have to do is display the Totals column in the folder names list.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  12. In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    15:52:42 +1200, Collector-NZ <> says...
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 30/09/2004 15:50:

    > >> How do you turn on the extra count function eg Inbox (23) (2)

    > > dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???
    > >

    > mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    > folder contents.

    Click the funny little column header above the vertical scrollbar and
    click on Totals.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  13. In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    16:05:47 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz>
    says...

    > >> dunno, mine was on by default... ummm ???

    > > mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    > > folder contents.

    > even if you pull the side window a bit wider?

    You have to display the Totals column. The columns available in the
    folders pane are Unread, Total and Size. Unread is by default displayed
    in bold after the folder name.

    To change the columns, click the column header that is immediately above
    the vertical scrollbar. The picture on this looks like a two columned
    table with a little downward facing arrow in the bottom right corner.
    You'll see the same thing in the message pane where a much longer list of
    possible column names is available.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  14. Chris Mayhew

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Patrick Dunford said the following on 30/09/2004 20:27:
    > In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    > 16:05:47 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz>
    > says...

    >>>mine gives a bolded figure in brackets for the unread but not the total
    >>>folder contents.

    >>even if you pull the side window a bit wider?

    > You have to display the Totals column. The columns available in the
    > folders pane are Unread, Total and Size. Unread is by default displayed
    > in bold after the folder name.
    >
    > To change the columns, click the column header that is immediately above
    > the vertical scrollbar. The picture on this looks like a two columned
    > table with a little downward facing arrow in the bottom right corner.
    > You'll see the same thing in the message pane where a much longer list of
    > possible column names is available.

    I have Tbird version 0.8 (20040913) and have no tool bar config above
    the vertical scroll bar in the folders view. I do in the message pane thou.

    Collector-NZ, Sep 30, 2004
  15. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <415b6668$> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep
    > 2004 13:50:31 +1200, Chris Mayhew <> says...
    >
    >>IS there any way to display the number of emails in a folder with out
    >>opening the folder ? Pegasus has the name of the folder with the number
    >>of unread emails and the total emails after the folders name. This is
    >>the kind of view I'd like to get back.

    > You need to view the Totals column. Like Outlook, the unread message
    > number will appear in brackets immediately after the folder name. The
    > totals column will show the total messages in each folder.
    >
    > In Mozilla based apps, there is usually a little button right above the
    > vertical scrollbar that gives you a menu with the column names on it.

    Yep, I know what your talking about, but what I was originally asking
    was if it was possible to get the totals to show in the "Folders" plane,
    using classic view. This way I could view how many read and unread
    emails I have in each folder without clicking onto that folder to make
    the headers come up - i.e. I could see all the totals for all folders
    all the time like
    <folder1> (10:30)
    <folder2> (5:200)
    etc

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 30, 2004
  16. In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    20:42:49 +1200, Collector-NZ <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford said the following on 30/09/2004 20:27:
    > > In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    > > 16:05:47 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz>
    > > says...

    > >>even if you pull the side window a bit wider?

    > > You have to display the Totals column. The columns available in the
    > > folders pane are Unread, Total and Size. Unread is by default displayed
    > > in bold after the folder name.
    > >
    > > To change the columns, click the column header that is immediately above
    > > the vertical scrollbar. The picture on this looks like a two columned
    > > table with a little downward facing arrow in the bottom right corner.
    > > You'll see the same thing in the message pane where a much longer list of
    > > possible column names is available.

    > I have Tbird version 0.8 (20040913) and have no tool bar config above
    > the vertical scroll bar in the folders view. I do in the message pane thou.

    Hmmm.... Try going to Tools Options Advanced, General Settings, "Show
    expanded columns in the folder pane".

    Whatever it is, I've had that column displayed since 0.6

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  17. Chris Mayhew

    Collector-NZ Guest

    Patrick Dunford said the following on 30/09/2004 21:16:
    > In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    > 20:42:49 +1200, Collector-NZ <> says...

    > Hmmm.... Try going to Tools Options Advanced, General Settings, "Show
    > expanded columns in the folder pane".
    >
    > Whatever it is, I've had that column displayed since 0.6

    Well done that man staring me in the face couldnt see it for looking

    Collector-NZ, Sep 30, 2004
  18. In article <> in nz.comp
    on Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:16:06 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> says...
    > In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    > 20:42:49 +1200, Collector-NZ <> says...
    > > Patrick Dunford said the following on 30/09/2004 20:27:
    > > > In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep 2004
    > > > 16:05:47 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz>
    > > > says...

    > > > You have to display the Totals column. The columns available in the
    > > > folders pane are Unread, Total and Size. Unread is by default displayed
    > > > in bold after the folder name.
    > > >
    > > > To change the columns, click the column header that is immediately above
    > > > the vertical scrollbar. The picture on this looks like a two columned
    > > > table with a little downward facing arrow in the bottom right corner.
    > > > You'll see the same thing in the message pane where a much longer list of
    > > > possible column names is available.

    > > I have Tbird version 0.8 (20040913) and have no tool bar config above
    > > the vertical scroll bar in the folders view. I do in the message pane thou.

    > Hmmm.... Try going to Tools Options Advanced, General Settings, "Show
    > expanded columns in the folder pane".
    >
    > Whatever it is, I've had that column displayed since 0.6

    Yeah, that's the one.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  19. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Collector-NZ wrote:
    > Patrick Dunford said the following on 30/09/2004 21:16:
    >
    >> In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 30 Sep
    >> 2004 20:42:49 +1200, Collector-NZ <> says...

    >> Hmmm.... Try going to Tools Options Advanced, General Settings, "Show
    >> expanded columns in the folder pane".
    >>
    >> Whatever it is, I've had that column displayed since 0.6

    > Well done that man staring me in the face couldnt see it for looking

    Yep, I'd second that, was what I was wanting

    Chris Mayhew, Sep 30, 2004