    default browser so if I click on a link in an email firefox
    comes up? Right now it tries to use IE.

    Thanks!

    Doug Schwabauer, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Doug Schwabauer

    Charlie Guest

    Doug Schwabauer wrote:

    > I'm just getting started with thunderbird and firefox so bear
    > with me...how do I get thunderbird to use firefox for the
    > default browser so if I click on a link in an email firefox
    > comes up? Right now it tries to use IE.
    >
    > Thanks!

    You need to set Firefox as your default browser:
    Tools > Options >General and click on Set Default Browser and that
    should fix it.

    Good choices, BTW!

    Charlie.
    www.lympledger.co.uk

    Charlie, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Is that the only way to do it? That's not really
    ideal...i'm using tb/ff for my work environment that
    needs proxy servers and stuff. Then Mozilla for
    home stuff. Yeah, I know about Profiles but I've
    found them to not work very well.

    Plus my wife uses IE/OE and that would mess up her
    settings.

    Doug Schwabauer, Jun 11, 2004